𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻.

𝗮𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆 || 𝟯
"𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙤𝙠𝙖𝙮."
𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗻𝘆

"𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗻𝘆

⋆⋆⋆

          𝕱rankie sat on the bench staring at her math book. "hey, stranger." lucas voices sitting down next to her. "hey, texas. what's got you so happy this morning?"

she shut her book, placing it in her backpack. "cause i think i need some of that." lucas shrugs, "it's just the way i am. i can't help it."

"so is the movie a yes?" frankie stared up at missy. "movie?" the redhead asked, staring between the two. lucas stared at frankie, "yeah. missy asked me to the movies."

"and you said yes?" lucas furrowed his eyebrows, not understanding why she was acting that way. "yeah, i did."

frankie gave them both a smile, "i hope you two have a good time." she got off the bench and walked into an empty hallway.

"frankie." she heard him call out. "hmm?" frankie hid her face from him. "is there a problem?" lucas questioned, staring at her back. "no, everything is good."

"what was that back there?" the blonde walked up closer to her. "don't know what you're talking about."

"is there a reason i shouldn't go?" frankie shrugs. "why are you asking me?" lucas grabbed her hand, turning her around to face him.

"if you think there's a reason why i shouldn't go to the movies, let me know. and i'll tell her."

frankie stared into his green eyes. "uh, no." she stepped away from him, "go have fun. then tell me all about it. that's what friends are for."

"right, friends." lucas mumbles, rolling his eyes. the redhead cleared her throat, stepping away from him, "uh." frankie's phone buzzed, "is everything alright?"

"no. no, no, no, no!" she yells, running to the front door, lucas right behind her. "frankie, what's up?"

"it's danny, and i have to go." that was all she said before she ran out of school. "what was that about?"

maya asked lucas, "she said it has something to do with danny." the four looked at each other with wide eyes as the school bell rang. "guys, come on."

"dad, we can't." cory stared at his daughter, "what do you mean you can't?"

"frankie just ran out of school talking about danny. we need to go." he nodded, "of course, go. go." they ran out of the school.

"do you know where to go?" riley asked maya, "i was hoping you knew."

"how do two of frankie's best friends not know where danny's is?" farkle questions the blonde and the brunette. "luckily for you guys, she has another best friend. and i happen to know where she is headed too."

maya rolled her eyes at lucas. "yeah, yeah, ranger rick. just lead the way. i need to make sure she's okay."

"she's not going to be okay."

⋆⋆⋆

frankie sat in the empty seat, "hey." she whispered, grabbing his hand. "frankie? i told them not to call you." danny sighs, staring at her. "i don't want you to see me like this. i don't want this to be the last thing you remember."

she let her head fall, wiping the tears that left her eyes. "i told them to text whenever it was getting serious because i want you to know i'll always be by your side. i want to be the last face you see before you go to sleep for a while."

"how can i say no to that? who wouldn't want to see that face?" frankie laughs, shaking her head. the laughs died down, "i'm really going to miss you."

"just know i'm always going to be on your left shoulder cheering on your poor life choices." frankie let go of his hand, shocked. "i don't make poor life choices."

"you sure?" she nodded, leaning back on the chair. "so cutting maya off was a good decision?"

frankie groans rolling her eyes. "can we not talk about this."

"we have to; i'm going to be gone soon, and i need to know you're mind can handle this." she sat up, staring at him. "i did; i still do think it was a good decision. maya has been pushing me to the side ever since riley came along. i never said anything because i had you."

"what's changed?"

"i met lucas." danny's smile showed up on his face. although he was in love with her, he knew it would never work. i mean, he's dying, and they promised each other never to date. "don't smile at me like that."

"you like lucas." danny teased, "stop it. i do not like him. i just... i don't know what it is yet."

his blue eyes met three middle schoolers. "you have visitors." frankie turned around, and she was happy to see lucas. "you don't mind." danny shook his head, shooing her out of his room. "oh, and when you get a chance, can you send lucas in here by himself?"

"why?" she questions, getting off of the chair. "don't worry about it, now go."

"hey." she smiles at the blonde. "hey." he replies with a smile. "what are you guys doing here?"

"just wanted to make sure everything is alright." frankie hugged herself. "they say he has a couple of hours." she turned to face him; danny was lying on his back, sighing in pain.

"i don't know what i'm going to do without him. i don't know if i can survive this." lucas wrapped his arms around her body to comfort her. riley tilted her head as she watched him. "he wants to speak to you." frankie laid her head on his. lucas moved his arms down to her waist.

"danny?" she nodded her head, placing her hands on his. "do you know why?"

"he wouldn't tell me. don't worry, and he doesn't bite." lucas sighs, letting go of frankie. he walks into danny's room. sitting down in the empty chair. "is he going to do it?" maya asks, standing next to frankie. "do what?" riley voices.

danny waved for lucas to get closer, and when the blonde did, danny tried to bite him. lucas flinched back, "i thought you said he doesn't bite!" frankie chuckles, giving danny a thumbs up.

the blonde got up and shut the door. "it must be serious," maya mutters, watching them through the window.

"yeah, it must be."

⋆⋆⋆

⋆⋆⋆