𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

𝗮𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆 || 𝟭𝟭
"𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙮 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙙𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙣 𝙪𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙩𝙝."
𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽

"𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽

⋆⋆⋆

𝕱rankie walks into history class with a frown. lucas hasn't made it back to new york since his weekend trip to texas. frankie didn't mind him going. why would she stop him from seeing the other people he cared for?

she sat down in her seat, opening her notebook. "is lucas still not back yet?" frankie looks up and sees riley. "obviously not." maya glares at the redhead. "you don't have to be rude."

"i'm not, she asked an obvious question. lucas and i walk into class every morning together. if he's not here, he still hasn't made it back." frankie explains, "but then again, we're all not that bright."

mr. matthews grimaced at the two former best friends.

"democracy. our form of government is where the power lies with the people. so who here can tell me another form of government where the power doesn't lie with the people?" farkle raises his hand, "farkle!"

"thank you, sir. dictators. love 'em. they get to do whatever they want. i wanna be one someday." frankie chuckles.

"mr. friar!" his girlfriend turns around, almost giving herself whiplash. "you're back." lucas looks down at her with a smile. "i'm back." the blonde looks back at their history teacher. "sorry for being late, sir. my flight was delayed."

he sits down. "you went back to texas again this weekend?" frankie sighs.

"visited my friends."
"he misses his old friends."

"aww. cowboy's got the blues." maya teased. suddenly she sings, " ♪campfire for one, my friends are all cows, and i miss 'em, ha-hur, ha-hur-hur♪ "

lucas pulls out his harmonica, going along with maya's bullying. "i will never get to you, will i?"

"no, but i sure do appreciate the effort." lucas says confidently, "ooh!"

"okay, guys, seventh-grade student council elections are coming up." mr. matthews students groan beside farkle, "yay."

"why that?"

"because every year somebody runs, makes promises and nobody does anything." riley tells her father, "yeah. what lunkheads running the elections this year?"

"how ya doing?"
"can't you just make a change?"

"you know what? it's up to you guys to make changes. since we're studying alternate forms of governments this year, why not let the candidates run in any form of government they choose?" the kids groan once again besides farkle.