The End

|=====|=====|

TW/CW: N/A

Prompt: Endings

Characters: Xisuma

Style: idk

Word Count: ~400

AU: Mortuus AU

|=====|=====|

The 7th season was over. Most Hermits had been ending their series for a couple of weeks. Some of the Hermits that had been doing other things instead came back to do a final episode and add their face to Mt. Scarmoor before the world download was released and the server gone forever.

The sun was setting on the final day the server would be deactivated. Xisuma looked out at the shopping district as he remembered the many things that happened over the season. He thought about the button, the turf war, HCBBS, it felt to him like these things had only happened a few weeks ago. He thought about all the fights that had happened, how easily they were forgotten.

It was odd, he thought, it felt like there had been so much more that could have been done during this season. Sometimes X wished he could go back and tell himself to try that crazy idea that never even saw the light of day. The season had been odd anyway, with old faces coming back and some of them fading out again. With Wels joining halfway through, introducing Helsknight then deciding waiting for season 8 would be better. There seemed to be little certainty of who would be there for the new season, whenever it launched.

He knew that it wouldn't last forever. These things never did. It wasn't that he wasn't excited for the new season, he just wasn't sure whether he was ready to let this one go. This feeling wasn't new to him, he had felt it every time they left a season behind, and he knew he would continue to feel it for future seasons.

He took one last look across the mooshroom island that had become their shopping district. He would miss it. They all would, but they couldn't stay in the past for too long. Not when they had a brand-new season, full of adventure and new ideas, ahead of them. X took out his communicator and logged out of Hermitcraft season 7 for the last time, deactivating the server as he faded from the world.
|=====|=====|

Sometimes I think back to the first Hermitcraft episode I watched. It was only at the start of season 6 but it feels as if it was yesterday and ten years ago all at the same time. It feels odd that season 7 is ending and I tried to capture my own feelings in this one. I can't believe that we're already moving on. It feels like the end of something more than just this season.

I will continue writing my oneshots in this book and I'll try to upload more for the new season. If I write a start of season one-shot, whose pov would y'all want to read? Until the next time, bye! ~Mors