Time Goes On

|=====|=====|

TW/CW: N/A

Prompt: Time continues

Characters: Grian, Xisuma

Style: Angst

Word Count: ~470

AU: Mortuus AU

|=====|=====|

Time goes on. Day after day after day. He knew this all too well. After all, he had been there for far too long. When he told someone, she could always predict what they would say, she had heard it all before,

You're so lucky!

I wish I was like you!

That's so cool!

That's such a blessing!

He had thought these things once. At the very beginning, he had agreed with them. Then, as time passed, she began to disagree. He watched as everyone he knew slowly became lost to time. She watched as the regular players progressed and grew. He watched from the shadows, afraid to get attached only to lose everyone to time once more.

He had tried a few times to make some friends, but something always went wrong. The first time one of them had gone crazy and started killing everyone, only him and a few others survived. The second time, her and one of those who had gotten out alive had found a small group and started a server together, except this time it ended in purple fire and destruction. After that he made a singleplayer world where there was no chance for him to get attached to anyone just to lose them again.

It had been centuries since he had been considered active on any normal server, now preferring to be alone. He had built this world tens of thousands of blocks in every direction, but she was beginning to struggle. What surprised him was why she was struggling. Rather than running out of ideas, or having to travel far for resources, he was lonely. But he was scared. Scared to meet people. Scared to get attached. Scared to watch them die. Scared to do everything from before again.

She was shocked when he got the invitation. It was an automatic thing from a small, private server; Hermitcraft. This was odd though. Private servers normally didn't use automatic invitations, preferring to ask people personally to join. Intrigued, she decided to accept.

When he first joined, he found himself on a small island with about 24 other people. People, she recognised, like her. Ignored by time, forgotten by regular players. They were an odd group of people. There was a creeper-cyborg hybrid arguing with a werewolf hybrid and a blue slime chatting to an elf-like knight. He knew that this was it. This was where she was meant to be. A man wearing yellow-plated armour and a bee helmet noticed him and said,

"Welcome to Hermitcraft. My name's Xisuma, what's yours?" He thought for a moment, he had a name, but it was connected to all the things that had happened in the past. This was a fresh start for her, and she wanted a new name to go with it.

"Grian."

|=====|=====|

I have no idea what this one is. Until the next one, bye! ~Mors