Snowing

|=====|=====|

TW/CW: death, mentions of suicide, freezing

Prompt: N/A

Characters: Stress, Tango, many others mentioned

Style: Angst

Word Count: ~600

AU: Mortuus AU [Not Canon]

|=====|=====|

It was snowing. Hermitcraft was covered in a thick layer of snow that was still coming down. The air was cold, the kind of cold that you can feel in your nose when you breathe in. Many of the Hermits had struggled through the snow to get to the Boatem village and they were currently taking shelter in Scar's base, it being the only one they could still get into.

"Does anyone know what on earth is happening?" Pearl muttered. You see, the snow had been odd to begin with, it being the middle of summer and all, but it hadn't stopped. Twelve whole days this torrential snow had been coming down. Mumbo's potato farm was currently the only way they could get food, all the other farms had died after the second day.

"No clue." Xisuma responded. Along with Xanus and Grian, he had been sat for hours trying to turn off the snow. Nothing worked.

It wasn't that nothing like this had happened before. In reality, stuff like this happened a lot on the server, almost as if someone was messing with them. But this time was different. It was too much, and it wasn't stopping.

They were all freezing. It had been a month now since the snow had started. There wasn't a way out anymore. They had been trapped for days as the cold seeped in through the walls. Nobody knew what happened but there was one thing they did know. This was the end. There was no escaping this.

It was False who first called it the 'Still Winter' but soon that's what everyone knew it as. They had found a book and quill in one of Scar's chests and each of them wrote their own account of every day that passed, which they only knew was happening due to Bdubs' clock stack. Thirty people had started writing in that book. Now there were only two.

Keralis and Impulse had tried to dig a way out, it was only half an hour before the messages appeared.

[Keralis perma-died due to freezing]
[ImpulseSV perma-died due to freezing]

They had been the first to die but the others dropped quickly after that. Xisuma and Grian basically worked themselves to death. Ren, Etho and Doc didn't want to wait for the cold to get to them and took their own lives. The others were slowly taken over by the cold, the kind that you feel in your nose when you breathe in. Not that any of the remaining Hermits could feel their noses anymore.

Tango and Stress were the last two alive. He had known that it was coming sooner rather than later, they both knew. Stress muttered kindness to him as his life slipped away, the cold finally getting to him. The last thing he saw were her tears as they turned to ice. Every communicator pinged as his death message came through. She didn't need to check anymore; she already knew what it said and even if she didn't, she was long past caring now.

She leaned back against the wall. Why was she so tired? She was never tired. She was always full of energy and life. Life. Something she didn't get to experience as much as she wanted. But she was tired now. She had been awake for long enough; it was time to let sleep claim her mind. Her eyes closed. The communicators gave out one final ping before the server went silent. Forever.

[StressMonster101 perma-died due to freezing]

|=====|=====|
I hope you like this one, quick reminder that you can point out any errors or missed trigger warnings and I'll try and fix it. See you in the next one, bye! ~Mors