chapter 18

"Morning, sunshine!" Sophia says happily, making me groan.

"Shut up and let me sleep." I said hiding my face on my pillow.

"No can do! Ella already called me apparently you weren't picking up. I wonder why." She said sarcastically.

"5 more minutes." I pleaded.

"No, no, no. I know how your 5 minutes are. 5 minutes turn into 10 minutes, that turn into half and hour, and next thing I know, it's been an hour and we're late." She huffed.

"Wait! Oh my God, what time is it?!" I said sitting up quickly.

"9am. Why?" She asked suspiciously.

"I have breakfast with Dua and Miley and 10am!" I said getting up, rushing to the bathroom.

"Okay, then why are you running?" She asked confused.

"Because apparently I need to meet with Ella before that!" I yelled through the bathroom.

"Oh, right. Almost forgot about that." She laughed.

After taking a quick shower, getting dressed, and doing my hair and makeup, I went to a room downstairs where Ella was.

"I'm here!" I said running through the door.

"Kate, calm down." She laughed.

"I can't. I promised Dua and Miley that I was going to have breakfast with them at 10am and it's currently 9h45 so I gotta hurry." I said quickly.

"Oh, alright. Well, I just wanted to talk to you about your performance." She said casually.

"Okay... what about it?" I asked her.

"Well, we need to talk about your rehearsals. When do you wanna do it?" She asked me.

"Uh, after lunch sounds good." I told her.

"Perfect, then I'll arrange everything for that. Now, go before you explode with anxiety." She joked. Ella knew I had anxiety and it got bad whenever I was late for something. That really threw me off.

"Alright, thank you!" I said before running out of the room.

As I was walking inside the Food and Beverage Service Area, I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry! I-" I said but stopped myself as I saw who it was.

"It had to be you, didn't it?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Kathy, I-" He started but I glared at him. "Katherine... I just- I wanted to talk to you." He said sadly.

"Well, I don't. So... see you around. Hopefully not." I said giving him a fake smile before leaving him behind, walking towards the table where Miley and Dua were sitting.

"Hey girls!" I said before kissing their cheeks.

"Hey!" They greeted happily.

"I saw you talking to Damiano... are you okay?" Dua asked, placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine. He wanted to talk, and I didn't. End of story." I said before smiling at them. "Should we get this food or what?" I asked and they cheered.

"You're not gonna believe what I found out last night!" Dua said excited.

"What did you find out?" Miley and I said at the same time. We looked at each other and started laughing.