chapter 32

"Honey, please calm down." I said trying to get Ryan to calm down. Ryan and I were at the studio and Finneas and Billie were going to arrive in 10 minutes which caused Ryan to freak out every minute that went by.

"How can I calm down when the Finneas and the Billie Eilish are walking by that door at any second now!" He said loudly pointing at the door.

"Deep breaths... you wouldn't want them to think that you were a crazy fan, would you?" I asked him.

"No... you're right." He said sighing, sitting down on a chair.

"Great." I said sitting down next to him.

A couple of minutes went by and Finneas and Billie finally arrived.

"Hey girl!" Billie said hugging me.

"Hi!!" I said hugging her back.

"Nice to see you again, Kate." Finneas said giving me a hug as well.

"Same to you, Finneas." I said returning the hug. "Guys, this is my producer and best friend Ryan. He also helps me write a lot of songs."

"Nice to meet you!" Billie said shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you too." Ryan said starstruck.

"Nice to meet you! You did an amazing job with Kate on Bittersweet." Finneas told him, shaking his hand after Billie.

"T-Thank you!" Ryan stuttered and I chuckled softly.

After for a few hours, Finneas and I sat down on my writing table and discussed some ideas while Ryan and Billie talked on the other side of the room.

"Do you like it?" I asked him as he read through the lyrics, playing the rhythm in his head.

"I love it! Do you like it?" He asked, handing me the paper.

"I do." I said smiling at the paper.

"Do you wanna play it to them?" He said pointing at Billie and Ryan who were happily talking on the opposite side to ours.

"Let's do it." I said smiling.

Finneas called them over to listen to the song and they sat down looking at us, while Finneas when over to the piano.

"Are you ready?" I asked them.

"YES!" Billie and Ryan yelled at the same time which made Finneas and I laugh.

"So much on my mind, I think I think too much

Read between these lines, unspoken weight of words

But time comes to rest when you are by my side, it blurs

And I will follow where this takes me

And my tomorrows long to be unknown

When all is shaken, be my safety

In a world uncertain, say you'll be my stone"

I looked over at my friends to see their reactions and noticed that they were smiling at me, which made me happy.

"Change in every wind

The sands of time don't know our name

Oh nothing's sure, but surely as we stand