chapter 34

We were all hiding at Vic's place. She told us where her spare key was hidden while she distracted the boys long enough so we could surprise them. We had put on a few balloons, away from me because I was scared of them; some of their favorite snacks, and of course, us.

"Do you think they're going to like it?" I asked my friends.

"If they don't like this, they're crazy!" Billie said laughing.

"That's true. This was a brilliant plan!" Harry said wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"That's right, so you two have nothing to worry about." Finneas said looking between Sophia and I.

"I bet they're going to be thrilled when they see this. Including Thomas, who I bet will be really excited to see his best friends again." Dua said, easing the nervousness that I was feeling.

"You're right, you're right." Sophia said nodding her head, trying to convince herself that all was good.

"Basically, if they don't like it, they're assholes, am I right?" I asked laughing and everyone agreed.

An hour went by when Vic texted me saying that they were on their way. We were all ecstatic to say the least. We started to hear laughter and footsteps approaching the front door.

"They're here! Hide, hide!" Sophia whisper-yelled and we all hide behind the couch.

I heard Ethan say something in Italian which made Damiano laugh. Oh, how I missed hearing that laugh without being through a phone. The lights were turned on, which gave us the signal that it was time.

"SURPRISE!" We yelled as we jumped from behind the couch.

Damiano dropped the jacket he was holding on his arm, ran towards me and wrapped his arms around me, holding me tightly as if I was going to disappear at any moment.

"You're really here?" He whispered in my hear.

"I'm really here." I whispered back, nodding my head that rested in the crook of his shoulder.

He held me for a few more seconds before pulling away slightly so he could kiss me. The kiss was filled with love, passion, longing, desire... we got a bit carried away, until I heard my friends clear their throats.

"Kate! Hi there! We also exist and we missed you very much." Thomas said giving me a sarcastic smile, and Vic nodded while Ethan and Sophia were looking at us, with their arms wrapped around each other.

Damiano and I laughed before looking back at each other. He have me a peck on the lips and we pulled away, so I could make my way to my friends.

Vic and Thomas engulfed me on a hug so tight that made us almost fall on the floor.

"My girlfriend just got here! Could you maybe not kill her?" Damiano asked them, laughing.

"No can do, sir." Vic said still holding me tightly.

After a few seconds, I walked towards Ethan, and we hugged each other tightly.

"I missed you too." I told him while messing up his hair.

"I know. So did I." He said laughing doing the exact same thing as I did, which made me laugh along with him.

After we let go, I saw Dua talking to Vic and Damiano, Billie was talking to Thomas, Finneas and Harry were talking to each other, while Sophia was looking at us with pure adoration in her eyes.

"Hey, come here guys!" I said loudly. They all stopped talking and came near Ethan and I.

"Well, I wanted to formally introduce you. There's no need to introduce Dua and Billie since you already know them, but Damiano, I don't think you've had a conversation with Harry yet. Or Finneas." I said pointing at them.