chapter 39

"Are you sure that's normal?" Sophia asked as I came out of the bathroom.

"It must be the nerves." I said approaching her.

"Kate, you literally have been vomiting every day for the past two weeks. That can't be just nerves." She said furrowing her eyebrows.

"I don't know, it could be stress." I stated as I grabbed the phone to check the time. 11:02am. The makeup artist must be on her way.

"Kate... don't you think that it might be..." Sophia started.

"Might be what?" I asked her.

"Could you maybe... be pregnant?" She asked me.

"Uh... maybe. A few weeks ago, we had a drunk sex night and I think I forgot the pill." I said, feeling the dots on my head finally connecting.

"Were you not missing your period?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I missed last month, but again, I figured it was just stress." I told her.

"Okay... well, let's do it like this: I'm going to the pharmacy and buy like 7 different tests, and then we'll know for sure. And also, there's no better day to find out you're pregnant than your wedding day, am I right?" She said trying to ease the tension.

"I guess you're right." I said letting out a dry laugh.

The fact that I was pretty much pregnant didn't click yet. Don't get me wrong, I was happy. Probably the happiest I've ever been. Thinking about having a baby with Damiano was pretty much all I ever wanted in life. To have a family of our own. I didn't want to get to excited without being 100% sure, so I pretty much shut off my feelings about this until then.

Today was my wedding day. The day I've been waiting for, for almost the past year and a half of being engaged. Damiano makes me the happiest person alive and knowing that I'm going to spend the rest of my life with him, makes me fear the unknown a little less.

After a while, my make up artist, Claire, arrived and she started doing applying my foundation, as Sophia arrived.

"I'm here, I'm here!" Sophia said loudly and she walked inside my living room.

"Hi!" Claire said happily.

"Hi, Claire." Sophia said smiling at her. "You. Pee. Now." Sophia said as she handed me 8 different pregnancy tests.

"You're pregnant?!" Claire asked smiling widely.

"We're almost certain. We just need to be 100% sure." Sophia said looking at Claire.

"Alright, I'm gonna go... pee." I said grabbing the tests, walking towards my bathroom.

After I peed in every stick. We had to wait 3 minutes before checking the results. 2 minutes had gone by, and I was suddenly feeling scared to look at the tests.

"10 seconds!" Sophia said excitedly.

"Ah, I don't wanna look!" I said hiding my face behind her.

"Uh, yes you are! I know you're trying to suppress your feelings for whatever reason, but that has gotta stop." She scolded me.

"Time's up." Claire said making Sophia and I look at each other.

"Do you want me to check it for you?" Sophia asked me and I nodded quickly, making her laugh.

She scooted away from me, making her way towards the table, where all the tests were. She kept looking at the tests for a few seconds before turning around with a serious expression.