chapter 29

"I told you guys that I'm fine!" I groaned looking at my friends. 

It's been an hour since it all happened. They've been all over me, asking me if I'm okay, if I need something, and all that jazz. Don't get me wrong, I totally appreciate their effort, it's just... really overwhelming and it's kinda pissing me off. They're acting like I'm a porcelain doll that's about to break. Well, sorry to disappoint besties, but that's not the case.

"We know, Kate. You've told us that a million times." Ryan said rolling his eyes.

"Then why do you keep insisting?" I asked sighing.

"Maybe, because an hour ago you were bawling your eyes out on Damiano's chest!" He yelled angrily.

I flinched a little and he noticed. Sophia was sitting on the table, in front of me, next to where Ryan was standing. She had her arms crossed and was looking down, taking her leg as her sign of nervousness. When Ryan raised his voice, she looked up at us, with her serious expression. Damiano, Victoria, Ethan and Thomas were clueless on what to do. This was all new to them and they had no idea how to handle it, that's why they decided to let Ryan and Sophia talk for now.

I didn't answer Ryan. I just kept looking at him, and I could tell that he could sense my rage. Obviously not at him, but at the whole situation in general. Ryan took a deep breath before taking one step forward and kneeling in front of me, so we were at the same eye level.

"Look, Kate... I just-I don't want everything to happen again. It didn't just affect you. It affected me, Sophia, Scott, Emily, Edward, your dad... everyone that cares about you is affected by this, and I don't want us to go through all of that again. You're my best friend, Kate... I can't see you like that... not again. You have no idea how much it hurt every time you called us crying saying that you couldn't take it anymore... I can't and I won't let you go through it all again." Ryan said and his eyes started to get watery just like mine.

I didn't answer him, I just engulfed him on a hug and cried on each other's shoulders. You might think I'm being too emotional right now, but that whole situation was just... too much to handle, and just the thought of it repeating scared the shit out of me.

"We're here for you, Kate..." Sophia said joining our hug.

"Are you okay?" Damiano asked me. After a while, we decided that sleeping would be the best medicine, so Damiano and I were in my bedroom, already in bed, with no light on.

"I'm just scared, you know?" I said quietly. Damiano placed his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"I know, baby... I know. But just like Sophia said, we're here for you... I'm here for you. I will protect you from that bastard no matter what. I promise." He said before kissing my forehead, rubbing his thumb up and down my cheek.

"I love you." I said before kissing his nose, which made him scrunch it.

"I love you too." He said before kissing my nose back.

Just like that, we drifted off to sleep. I knew that no matter what, I was safe with Damiano, and for me that's all that mattered.

Next morning, I woke up with the smell of pancakes. I opened my eyes and saw Damiano walk into the room with a tray with a plate full of pancakes, small bowls which I assumed had some Nutella and honey since that's what we always put on our pancakes, and two cups of orange juice.

"Good morning, mi amore." He said pulling down the tray on bed before coming near me, kissing my forehead.

"Hi." I said on a soft sleepy voice before stretching, letting out some sounds that made Damiano laugh. "You didn't have to do this you know?"