Chapter 43

I woke up with a jerk, cold sweat dripping from me as I panted heavily. I was in Draco's room. The door screeched open. I turned my head to the noise. It was Draco.

"Are you alright?" he asked, coming to sit on the edge of the bed.

"Just a nightmare." My breathing became normal.

"Are you feeling any better?" he questioned.

"Yeah, a wee bit." I commented.

"Do you want anything to eat?"

"Umm, I think some tea will do. Do you have any spare Strengthening Solution lying around?" I sat up on the bed.

"Umm, I dunno." He snapped his fingers and an elf appeared.

"Hello Master Malfoy, what may Balkis do for you sir?" he bowed.

"I want you to make same tea and check to see if we have any Strengthening Solution, bring them both back up here." He demanded.

"Yes Master." The elf snapped its fingers and disappeared.

"So how are things going here?" I asked closing my eyes and resting my head on the backboard.

"Same as always. We don't really have any control in this house whatsoever." He muttered.

"I bet Narcissa's gone ballistic, she has no control over anything now."

"Yeah." He lowered his voice. Just then, Balkis came into the room.

"Here is your tea and Strengthening Solution, Master Malfoy." The little elf said setting a tray down on the nightstand. Draco nodded, dismissing the elf.

"Have I gotten any owls?" I asked him as he poured some tea.

"Yes, actually. They came last night, while everyone was sleeping." He explained, getting up to hand me the letters. The handwriting was all too familiar. I opened the letter quickly and scanned through it.

Anyxus,

I don't know if this is safe or not but we just wanted to tell you that we are getting close and to not lose hope. Ron's been a pain, but we're alright now. We have a bizarre plan, but it's the only idea so far, you'll be hearing much about it soon. I hope you're well. Draco better be keeping you safe. Be careful, Nyx. Burn this after you've read it.

-H.G

At least the trio was getting closer to ending this goddamn war. I sat up and got out of bed wincing in pain while Draco helped me. I soon realized I got up a little too quickly and my vision started blurring and blackening. I clutched my head and closed my eyes. I felt myself begin to sway. I opened my eyes again and could see.

"Maybe it would be better if you stayed in bed." Draco suggested, helping me sit on the edge of the bed. "Who were the letters from anyway?"

"It's a secret. I was going to put them in the fire, could you for me?" I held the letters out for him.

"Of course." He took the letters and bent down close to the fireplace that was in his room. He gently threw them in. I sat silently thinking about everyone I've ever known. What will happen when this war finally comes to an end? Who will be dead? Seamus, Dean, Neville, Remus, Tonks, The Weasley's, Hermione, Viktor, Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy? Except I would be okay with Pansy. I never really liked her, but what about all of my friends? I couldn't bear to see one of them hurt or worse, dead.

"What are you thinking about?" Draco snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing important." I answered.