Chapter 49

Draco's POV

"Draco!" I heard her yell over the commotion. I immediately turned around.

"Nyx!" I shouted and tried to get out of my mother's grip.

"Ahh, Anyxus!" was all his icy voice said.

"Draco, let's go now." my mother tried to get me to come.

"No." I shook her off angrily.

"Care you explain your betrayal?" he asked her. I looked at her carefully.

"I've never been on your side, and I never will." she sneered. I couldn't believe my ears. She's going to die.

"I think you'll find that you're right. You'll be dead by then." he laughed. "Kill her." he ordered.

"NOOO, NYX!" I screamed.

I watched as Rodolphus Lestrange came up behind her, grabbing her harshly. I went to make a move, but my father held me back.

"Draco, we must leave now!" he hissed.

"No! Not without her!"

"Please Draco!" my mother insisted.

"Don't you get it, she's my wife!" they stared at me with wide eyes. "She's a Malfoy. I love her and I'm not leaving without her." I retorted and looked back at her. She had Rodolphus on top of her, his hand on her neck and his wand pointed in her face. I broke free from my father's grip and started running for her, but I was too late.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" the green light shot out from his wand and her body lay lifeless on the ground. All the anger that I had built up rose to the top.

"Rodolphus!" I yelled and he turned at me maniacally.

"What? Did I kill your girlfriend?" he laughed maniacally.

"Expelliarmus!" I shouted and his wand went flying. "Stupefy!" he fell to the ground. I walked over to his limp body and pointed my wand in his face.  "AVADA KEDAVRA!" I yelled and he froze.

I walked back over to her body. Her eyes were closed and she looked so peaceful and so beautiful. I fell to my knees next to her and started crying. I caressed her cheek with my thumb and looked upon her lips. Nothing is going to happen to us Draco, her voice rang through my head. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. I didn't look up, just stared at her beautiful face.

"Draco, we must go." my mother's soft voice said. I shook my head.

"Not without Nyx." I whispered through my tears.

"Draco. She's gone, there's nothing you can do about it now." my father's hurrying voice stood out. I put my head on her forehead and once again shook my head. I heard my mother kneel down, her hand on my back.

"Draco, please. She would have wanted you to be safe. Please." I thought about it and nodded my head finally. She would have wanted this. She would have wanted us to be safe from everyone else. I kissed her lips for the final time and slowly stood up. My mother took my hand and led me out of Hogwarts. We walked down the bridge that had been torn apart. Once we were out of boundaries, we disapparted.

Anyxus's POV

It was dark, pitch black. I could feel the cold stone on my back. I heard shuffling and noise, but I couldn't see anything. My eyes opened by themselves. The bright sun made me squint. Once I regained total vision, I looked to my left and saw Lavender Brown, dead. I then looked to my right and again saw another figure, dead. Was I dead? I ever so slightly lifted my head, looking around at all the commotion.

Different bodies were being carried in and out. I breathed heavily through my nose. I sat up and instantly regretted it. My head throbbed immensely. I felt something tickle my wrist. I looked down and noticed the Malfoy bracelet, was unclasped. This is what saved me. The lost magic in the bracelet.

I was walking now, down the halls of the shattered castle, past many different people, not even noticing my existence. I went out into the Entrance and walked outside. My limp had grown ever so slightly, knowing that I probably hurt it during the battle. Once I was outside, I noticed three people standing out on the bridge. The bright ginger hair gave away who the three were.

"Nyx?" I heard someone from behind me say. I slowly turned around and noticed George looking at me with wide eyes.

"George...what's happening?" I asked desperately. He carefully walked up to me, stretching his hand out to my face once he got close enough. His finger lightly touched my cheek and he gasped.

"You're alive." he stated.

"Yeah I'm alive, now tell me what's going on!" I asked once more.

"You better come with me." He said, holding out a hand.

"George, where's Draco? What's happened?" I stuttered. Where is my love?

"The war is over Nyx, we won."

"We did?" I breathed and he nodded.

"Yes, and as for Draco, he left with his parents I think, because he thought you were dead. We all did." He stared at me, watching my expression.

"Dead?" I questioned.

"Don't you remember? I saw him come at you, Rodolphus Lestrange. He killed you, Nyx." He told me. "But apparently you're not dead. How?" I lifted up the bracelet to show him.

"This. It's a Malfoy family heirloom. Draco said that it had some kind of hidden magic in it, they didn't know what, and when I first put it on it wouldn't come off and then when I woke up, it was unclasped." I explained.

"Are you saying, that-it-what ever it is-saved you?" He asked.

"I think so." I nodded. I suddenly felt dizzy, and I think George saw me sway, because he came and held me up.

"Here, let's go sit down." He took me over to the left, by some steps, farther away from where anyone would see us. We stayed silent for a moment, him holding me. "Are you thirsty?" he asked and I nodded. "Alright, umm, stay here, I'll be right back." he told me. I nodded once more as he got up and left. I scoot the my left and let myself lean up against the side of the castle. What was I going to do? Everyone thinks I'm dead. How in the world am I going to find Draco?