Chapter 8

I made it onto the Hogwarts express right on time. I needed to find my friends. They were probably worried about me, or at least I hope. My trunk got caught on something so I looked back but still managed to walk forward bumping into someone. "Hey watch where you're...Nyx!" it was George, Fred following behind him. He hugged me tight.

"What happened to you!? We didn't know where you went after leaving the Cup!" George exclaimed.

"I would love to tell you what happened, but first, do you guys have a compartment? I don't really feel like sitting on the Slytherin side of the train with Pansy Parkinson."

"Of course we do!" George looked at me like I was stupid.

"Follow us my lady." Fred turned the other direction and I followed. He opened the compartment door and helped me put my trunk on the racks above our heads. In the compartment were Seamus, Dean, the twins and I. We all talked about Quidditch this year and the surprise that is coming to Hogwarts.

"What do you think it is? Charlie said that it was something dangerous." Fred smiled. We both liked the sound of danger.

"I don't know, but it's pretty exciting isn't it? Dumbledore will probably announce it at the feast." Dean replied smiling too.

We all headed up to the castle in the carriages and made our way to the Great Hall. I took my seat near my friends as usual, but of course on the Slytherin table. The sorting was boring as usual, but now it was time for the surprise we were talking about on the train.

"Now that we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year, but a home to some very special guests as well, you see, Hogwarts-"Filch ran in and whispered something to Dumbledore. "Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event, the Tri-Wizard Tournament." Everybody started whispering. Fred and George turned around to the Slytherin table and winked at me. I rolled my eyes. "Now for those of you who do not know, the Tri-Wizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. With each school a single student is selected to compete, let me be clear, if chosen, you stand alone, and trust me when I say, these contests are not for the faint heart, but more of that later, and now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of Beaxbatons Academy of Magic and their Head Mistress, Madame Maxime!"

The doors to the Great Hall opened widely and out came the girls in very organized lines with a monstrous woman behind them. The girls stopped and leaned towards the students to their right side, then walked again and again leaned to their left side. I could see all the boys with wide eyes. "Bloody hell." I heard Ron say. The girls then released butterflies up into the Great Hall. Madame Maxime strode in, she was taller than Hagrid!

"Blimey, that's one big woman." Seamus whispered. They all went up to the front of the room, there was one particular girl that stood out, she made all the boys drop whatever they were doing. I reckon she has veela blood. Everybody then clapped and shouted out for them.

"And now our friends from the North please plead the proud sons of Durmstrang and their High Master, Egor Karkaroff." We all looked back to the entrance doors. Boys strode in with walking sticks in their hands, slamming them on the ground which made sparks fly out from the bottom. Then they would spin them in a weird way, but it was totally cool. Then they ran to the front of the Great Hall followed by none other than Viktor Krum and Karkaroff.

"Blimey it's him, Viktor Krum." Ron was taking aback. I stared at him, and I think he saw me, considering he winked back at me. I blinked a couple of times and blushed. Did that really just happen? The girls around me gasped and squealed with excitement. I looked over at my friends and their mouths were wide open. Then I looked down the row of the Hufflepuff table to where my best friend, Cedric Diggory was, he winked at me cheekily. I smiled and rolled my eyes. Cedric has been my friends for as long as I can remember. He didn't care that I was a Slytherin or that I lived with the Malfoy's (of course I don't anymore). I guess he was as loyal as any Hufflepuff could ever be.