Chapter 50

"Can you believe it?" A girl's high pitched voice squealed. A couple of girls stood around the corner from where ai was sitting against the castles walls.

"What?" Her friend asked.

"Didn't you hear, Draco Malfoy and that one slut, Anyxus got married during clean up time from the Dark Lord and then she got killed. She's a dirty whore if you ask me." She said. I listened to their conversation intensely.

"Astoria! How can you say that? I thought she was rather nice." She stated and faintly smiled.

"Whatever Millie, at least I get her scraps now." I could see the smirk on her face.

"What do you mean by scraps?" This so called Millie asked.

"I mean, Draco Malfoy." My ears perked up. "Draco and I are arranged to be married. It's been on for years now, and I guess his parents didn't tell him or he wouldn't have married Thyme." Astoria explained. "But that doesn't matter now. She's dead and now I'm going to be his wife." She bragged.

"You're lucky. Imagine marrying the Slytherin Prince." Millicent murmurs dreamily. Well they've got another thing coming their way.

"Hey." I snapped my head to the left, startled by George's reappearance. "Here's your water." He handed me a goblet and sat down beside me. "I thought that maybe after this, we could go inside and let everyone know that you're not dead after all." He sips his drink.

"No." I say and he looks at me confused. "I heard some girls talking just now. Draco was arranged to be married already, before we were engaged, and now he's to marry that girl because I'm 'dead'." I explain slowly.

"So what are you going to do now? Are you going to come back to life, so we speak?"

"No, I can't. I need to wait." I state.

"Wait? Why do you need to wait? I'd do anything to have somebody I loved come back from the dead." He sulked. I immediately knew he was talking about Fred.

"I'm sorry George." I said getting teary eyed. "I miss him too." I put my head on his shoulder.

"I know." He sighed. "So why can't you tell everyone you're alive?"

"I need to know." I paused. "I need to know if Draco will actually marry this girl. If he'll fall in love again."

"Do you not want him to?" He questions.

"No, the opposite. I want to know if he'll actually try and move on, then I'll know that he truly does love me. He'll have his time to grieve, like any normal person, but then....he needs to try." I whisper the last part.

"I understand." George whispers back. We sit in silence for moments while I think. A small smile creeps on my face as I remember something cute.

"George?" I lift my head off his shoulder.

"Yeah?" He looks over to me.

"Ron told me something, actually I overheard him talking to the others." I say.

"And?" He ushers me to continue.

"He said that you've had a crush on me for a while." I smirked as he turned red.

"Great. I told the bloke never to say anything." George complained.

"George it's fine. If I hadn't had met Draco or anything, then I would have totally gone out with you." I said trying to cheer him up. None of this was a lie either.

"Really?" He narrows his eyes at me.

"Yeah! I never told anyone but I always thought you and Fred were cute, you being the cuter one. Sorry Fred." I muttered looking up at the sky as he chuckled softly.

"Well that's good to hear." His shoulder bumped mine. "Can I ask for something? I mean, it won't count since you're dead and all, but I've always wanted to know..." He says.

"Alright, what?" I ask.

"Could I have a kiss?" He asks nervously.

I smile at how cute and gentle he's being. "Alright, only one, and because I've secretly always wanted to kiss a Weasley." We grinned together and he leaned closer. I felt his nose touch mine and could hear him let out a shaky breath.

Finally our lips met. His kisses weren't like Draco's at all. His were gentle and soothing, Draco's we're passionate and fiery. I pulled back and looked at the awestruck Weasley twin.

"That probably counts as more than one kiss." I say to him.

"Yes, well... Yeah, that was...thanks." He laughs. "Have you ever kissed anyone besides Draco?"

"Yes, Cedric, remember? Plus, Draco and I only ever kissed once really." I said.

"When was this one time kiss?" He asked me.

"Umm, well, it was one night, I was sneaking out somewhere and he caught me, so I told him he could come with me. We went to the Room of Requirement, because I used to go up there to think about Cedric. We talked for a minute then of course, there was mistletoe and we kissed, and promised never to tell anybody." I ended. I thought back to that night in the Room of Requirement.

"Sneaking out, are we?" a voice said. I jumped and turned around, and there was Draco, lying on the couch.

"God damn it, Draco!" I yell whispered.

"So where were you off to?" He asked getting up from the couch. I debated weather taking him or not, but I did anyway.

"Nyx, where are we going?" Draco asked as I pulled him along with me, checking to see if anyone was out patrolling.

"Just keep up." I whispered. I stood in front of an empty wall thinking of what I wanted. The wall began changing into a door. Once it had, I pushed it open.

"Come on." I ushered Draco inside. We walked in and the door closed behind us.

"So this is where you're little group has been meeting." He said looking around. I walked up to the mirror with Cedric's picture and stood there staring at it. Draco came up behind me.

"You really miss him don't you?" He whispered.

"Well, of course, it's only natural to." I stared at his picture.

"I hate to admit it, but he was a good guy." I turned around to Draco when he said this. I looked into those icy blue eyes I get lost in, wait, what was I thinking? It was quiet all of the sudden. Draco broke our gaze and looked up; I looked up as well wondering what he was staring at. It was mistletoe.

"Did you do that?" I asked quietly.

"No, did you?" he whispered. I looked back at him. We both leaned forward and before you know it, his lips were on mine. Our lips moved in sync, this is something that I never thought would happen. I opened my mouth slightly and felt his tongue hit mine. Draco's kisses were nothing like Cedric's. Cedric's were always warm and right, but Draco's his were slow and made my lips tingle. After a while I slowly broke away from him.

"You won't tell anyone about where we practice, right?" I whispered to him.

"No, I won't." he softly said.

"Well, looks like that promise is broken." George muttered.

"Hey, as far as he's concerned, I'm dead. He doesn't know that I've told you." I stare at the ground.

"So you're not coming back inside?" he questioned.

"No." I quietly said.

"Where are you going to go?" George asked.

"I don't know." I whispered.

"Well, you could always come stay with me. Up in my flat. You could take Fred's room." He said sadly.

"George, I don't know-"

"Please. It's going to be quite lonely without Fred there and maybe you could help out with the shop, without being caught of course. I could really use the help now." He pleaded. I stared into his glossy eyes and didn't hesitate to answer.

"Alright."