Chapter 32

The next morning, I was shaken awake.

"Nyx, it's time for Hogsmeade." He whispered. I groaned and got up out of bed. He was already dressed in his all black suit. I dressed in normal winter clothes for the day, which included the Weasley beanie, scarf, and mittens, a big sweater and a big green coat. We left the Common Room and walked down to Hogsmeade while it was lightly snowing.

We entered the Three Broomsticks welcomed by the clattering of glasses. Draco was hiding the cursed necklace under his jacket.

"I'll get us some butterbeer." I told him and he found a secluded area in which to sit. I walked up to the counter.

"Can I get two butterbeers...?" I paused to look at Draco. He looked like he was in a lot of stress. "And two shots of firewhiskey?"

"Yeah, coming right up." The man behind the counter said. I walked over to Draco and sat down. Not too long after, the bartender brought us our drinks. He set down the two butterbeers and the two shots. Draco looked at them and then me, raising his eyebrow.

"What?" I asked sternly.

"Shots? Really?" he said.

"I thought it would take the edge off, for the nerves. Come on, we'll drink it together." I lifted up my shot, as did he and at the same time we downed the firewhiskey. My eyes watered a little bit as the liquid gave a burning sensation in my throat. Draco and I set the shot glasses down and sipped our butterbeer, waiting for the perfect victim to give the packaged necklace. I looked around and saw Katie Bell walk into the lavatory. I nudged Draco's arm and pointed.

"Come on." I whispered. We both got up and headed towards the loo. Draco hurried inside as I put a locking spell on the door. The toilet flushed and Katy walked out of the stall.

"Imperio." Draco pointed his wand at her. She stood there, waiting for her orders. "You are to take this." He paused pulling the package from his coat. "To Professor Dumbledore, and do not tell anyone who gave it to you. Now get to it." Katy rushed out of the bathroom.

"Let's hurry and get out of here." I whispered, peeking through the door. I crept through, Draco tagging along behind me. We walked to the door, but I was stopped by Slughorn.

"Ahh, Miss Thyme, I was looking for you. You wouldn't mind joining my dinner party with a few other students would you?" I looked at Draco, ushering him to go. He did.

"Of course, that would be wonderful." I fake smiled at him.

"Splendid! Well see you then!" he turned away to another man. I turned for the door.

"Nyx!" a high pitched voice shouted. I mentally groaned, but turned around. It was Hermione. She ran up and attacked me with a hug.

"Nyx, where have you been? We haven't seen you since the Ministry." She said pulling away.

"It's a long story, but I'll make it short. I was apparated to Malfoy Manor and spent the summer there with Draco." I wasn't completely lying to her.

"Well, I'm just glad that you're okay. We all jumped to conclusions and thought you were dead, but your answer seems better." She smiled at me.

"How are the others, I mean, I saw Sirius die." I managed to get out.

"Well, Harry's doing a lot better. Will you be coming to the Burrow for Christmas?" She asked.

"I'm not sure yet, but I'll get back to you on that." I told her.

"Well see you later, perhaps?" she assumed. I couldn't tell her no.

"Yeah, see you." I said quietly. I walked out of the pub and back up to the castle. I entered the Common Room and there sat Draco. He turned around and once he saw me he shot straight up and ambushed me.

"Nyx, what took so long? What did Slughorn want?" he scoffed.

"Relax, he just invited to his 'Slug Club' or whatever he calls it. I'm tired and I think we should get some rest considering that we need to you know, go check the cabinet out." I told him.

"Right. When is the dinner party thing, I'm guessing that's what it is?" he asked.

"Tomorrow night." I said. We both went up to bed and slept for the time being.

I was shaken awake gently. This only meant that Draco and I had to go to the cabinet. We silently walked through the corridors to the Room of Requirement. I sat on an old couch while Draco placed an apple in the cabinet. He closed it shut and muttered the spell while pointed his wand at the tall object.

"Harmonia Nectere Passus." He whispered sternly. There was a swoosh sound and he muttered the words again. I stood up, hoping that it worked. He opened the door and there stood the apple. Draco took it in his hands, turning it only to find somebody had taken a bite of it.

"Does that mean it's working?" I asked.

"Yeah, but we have to make sure it continues to work, or else we're screwed." He added. I nodded slowly. I always wondered why he trusted me so much. Why he hadn't trusted his others friends that he'd been friends with longer.