Stare to Slow

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

None of the windows or doors had been unlocked or opened. And if someone had entered, they wouldn't have been able to lock the doors and windows completely on the way out. So that was reassuring to an extent, but it also pointed to the possibility that the mannequin really was moving around on its own. When they checked on it, it was exactly in the same place and position in the storage room. It could've moved over night, but Anita reassured her that it probably wouldn't have been able to keep the exact same position.

(F/n) didn't argue further, but she was pretty certain that was possible. If a mannequin could move on its own, it certainly could return to how it had been before it had moved in the first place. Not to mention that their own memories of the mannequin's exact position might not be completely accurate. Neither of them really had memorized the exact position that all of its limbs had been in yesterday.

Anita noticing her friend's doubt decided that enough was enough, and she moved the mannequin into the kitchen, stating that she'd keep watch on it during service if that made her feel better. She'd inform Scarlett of the storage area and that they needed a space for it until Jason was done working on the space downstairs. Thankfully, Scarlett didn't question Anita on the matter after the explanation and even recommended maybe using it as a display or something. It seemed that the mannequin might be used for advertising in the future, and if it wasn't alive, (f/n) didn't have an issue with that. None of the waiting staff questioned it either since they had received a similar explanation that Scarlett had.

Service went by smoothly, proving that the first and second days hadn't been just good luck. They received a steady flow of patrons, and earned a decent amount. Hopefully, they'd be able to keep it up, and if word spread, they'd continue to receive good business. With the staff gone and cleaning being finished, Anita and (f/n) found themselves waiting for Jason again.

Taking a sip of water, (f/n) rose an eyebrow. She set down the glass and swallowed as she met Anita's stare. Anita had her arms on the table and was looking up to her friend with a grin on her lips. "So, our friend didn't move at all in the kitchen." Her thumb pointed to the kitchen. The door was propped open, and they just could see the mannequin. "Even now, it isn't. And, it's just the two of us."

"It might move in the night only," (f/n) pointed out, pouting a bit at her friend's grin.

"Okay, maybe, it does. But, it's got access to a whole thing of knives in there. If it really wanted us dead, we'd be dead before today ever came." Anita took a sip of her ginger ale and leaned back on her seat. She crossed her legs and hummed in thought. "We probably should get it some proper clothes. All it has right now is that old sheet." A chuckle left her. "Don't know if customers want a naked male mannequin in the café." Another chuckle parted from her. "Then again, maybe, they do."

"I don't think that all of our patrons will be happy with that," (f/n) replied, glancing to the mannequin briefly. It still didn't move. She looked back to Anita, who was chuckling more.

"Right." Anita tipped her glass towards (f/n) in agreement. "And if people are drunk and we throw an event, they won't even notice the cracks in its face." (F/n) sweat-dropped. She didn't want to know what kind of scenarios were going through her friend's head. "Don't act like you weren't thinking something similar. You enjoy the parties I go to."