Fall to Disbelief

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Frowning heavily, Kaleb rolled his eyes and tsked. "So, what if I did admit to them?" His dark brown optics met Anita's light brown ones. "You never had any problem with me cheating in the past. You just came right back to me." A smirk touched his lips. "Every single time." No longer was Kaleb trying to hide what he did, no longer was he trying to make up with Anita. His worried self minutes before had gone, and he no longer was pretending to be someone he wasn't. (F/n) could see the same transformation with Tristan. He wasn't looking awkward anymore. Instead, he appeared as though he was watching a movie and had some popcorn with him.

"Well, we weren't official!" she countered, stepping closer to him. "I expected a little more loyalty this time around, especially since you were going to be part of my business!" Her business? (F/n) almost bitterly laughed. Ah, so Anita never considered her to be a business partner in the first place. Good to know.

"Did you?" He placed his hands in his pants' pockets. "I'm willing to invest in your café. Help you boost your sales. Get you a sh*t ton of money, and you're concerned about me cheating on you?" Kaleb rolled his eyes. "Seriously, do you even realize what you're giving up right now by acting like this?"

"I'm realizing that I trusted the wrong person!" Anita didn't flinch at his words, but her tears kept coming. "I was looking forward to being your business partner. To us being something more, and you played around with that like it was some f*cked up board game!"

"So then, we're off?" he asked, seeming bored with the conversation now. His gaze held none of the affection it had previously, and he no longer looked like he cared about explaining himself. Instead, he just appeared disappointment.

"... I ..." Anita looked away from him and bit her lower lip. (F/n) seriously hoped that Anita wouldn't stay with him after what just happened. If Anita did, well ... Then, (f/n) might've just backed herself into a corner. "... Yeah, we're off." Her optics met Kaleb's again. "I'll make my café successful without you. I don't need your help."

"A shame." Kaleb sighed. "It had such potential, but," he turned his gaze to (f/n), "you could take her place and stay with Tristan if you want." A chuckle left him, and he peered over his shoulder to his friend. "You're okay with that, right?"

"Sure." Tristan shrugged and no longer pretended to be someone else. A vile smirk was on his lips. "I don't mind. It's not a bad deal, (f/n). With Kaleb's investment, this place can have other locations, and you still can move out with me to a nicer home than this once those locations are built."

"After all, you did pull this off," Kaleb complimented, smirking to (f/n). "I'm impressed and also now aware of what I need to make disappear on social media." He grinned. "Thanks for the information." Holding out his right hand, he asked, "So, you in?" Anita's jaw dropped again, and she looked heartbroken and hateful. (F/n) honestly was surprised that she didn't punch him when he gave the offer. But, her slight hesitation earlier did make (f/n) wonder if Anita still had feelings for the scumbag.

Not even lifting a hand, (f/n) raised a brow. "You're kidding, right?" Kaleb shook his head and kept his hand extended towards her. Now, she did laugh. "F*ck no. I wanting nothing to do with either of you disgusting a**holes." She pressed her hands on the table and leaned towards them both. "So, get the h*ll out of here. Anita's seen what you both are like, and I have too. The fact that neither of you even really care about what I just presented on the slideshow speaks volumes to your despicable ways." (F/n) pointed to the front door. "So, go." Her tone was low and commanding; it left no room for argument.