New to Surprise

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

That evening, (f/n) and Lee continued to look through the club pictures and comments associated with them. Frankly, (f/n) was just thankful that there really only was one main social media platform that everyone used. Otherwise, it would've been a lot more time consuming to find evidence. Then again, that might've made it easier in the sense that it might've been harder to hide things. There were smaller platforms, but Lee and she hadn't found any of the people of interest to be on them. Unfortunately, though, nothing new was coming up in their search.

They even went back to the pictures they found last night to read over the comments associated with them, but no one wrote about Kaleb and the woman kissing. There were other couples in the shot kissing too. So, any comments on that matter were about the couples in general, not any specific one. As for the one where they were holding hands and going towards the bar, no comments were made about them either. To everyone else, they just looked to be one of the many other couples in the picture.

All in all, the evening hadn't been successful, but she did appreciate Lee giving her a kiss goodnight before she fell asleep. She could get used to that. When morning came, though, she found a note left by Lee letting her know that he hadn't found anything else. That news didn't help the fact that they were all going out for drinks later, and Lee wouldn't be there. Still, she told herself that there remained time before the coffee shop date, and she hadn't promised Tristan a kiss until then. So, she had that excuse going for her tonight, and it gave her motivation to keep doing her best during service.

At least, that was the plan. When she came down for breakfast, however, Anita was blocking the kitchen door and was grinning like she already had won the café for Kaleb and her. A massive pit in her stomach formed, and she dreaded whatever words were going to leave past Anita's lips. "... What? Why are you looking like that?" (F/n) glanced around Anita and to the kitchen door. "Tristan isn't in there, is he?" She seriously hoped not; she already had to spend part of the evening with him, and she didn't wish to have part of her morning taken up by him too.

"No silly." Anita rolled her eyes, waved her hand dismissively and giggled. She snapped her fingers. "Even better." Oh no. It was going to be something utterly terrible. "You have the day off!" That was not what she was expecting. Was Kaleb and she really going to try taking over now? Did she plan to have him come in while she wasn't working?

Not being able to help herself, her jaw dropped a little. "I ... Wh-What?" (F/n) blinked a few times. "D-Did I hear you ... right?"

Giggling, Anita nodded. "Yep! You've been working so hard, and I want you to have a break. I got the staff to agree with me yesterday. They've commented that you looked stressed, so I came up with the perfect remedy." What the h*ll was she talking about?

"Couldn't you have asked me first?" Her tone was confused, worried and somewhat frustrated. Even she couldn't hide her irritation that time. She was so tempted to glance over to Lee; she wanted him to send her a note and let her know what his thoughts were. Lee too was caught off guard, and he half expected Kaleb to come in and announce that he was the new manager.

"Then, it wouldn't have been a surprise." Anita shook her head as though that was the silliest question she ever had heard. "I want today to be a fun day for you. And, I'll meet you later for drinks."