Recognize to Worry

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop. 

Outside, (f/n) leaned against the wall of the bar and stared out ahead onto the street. A frown was on her lips, and she sighed roughly. "This isn't a joke, is it?" she questioned, her tone not amused in the slightest and holding concern. "You've seriously started a serious relationship with him?"

Anita leaned on the wall next to (f/n) and nodded. Her black purse rested on her right shoulder, and her fingers played with the fabric of her skirt. "I ..."

"So, that's why you didn't want to tell me more about him? You knew how I would react, and you wanted to get me out of the house first so that I couldn't just say no to meeting him." (F/n) crossed her arms over her chest and blew a few loose strands of hair out of her face. She tsked. "I suppose that you're right. But now that I'm here, I want you to tell me why I should go back in there and be civil." Her (e/c) optics met Anita's light brown ones. "You do remember that he caused you to cry several times, right?"

"... I do," Anita answered quietly, her usual energy depleted at the moment. She wished that (f/n) had reacted more positively, but she knew that this reaction was more realistic.

(F/n) recalled the first time Anita had mentioned Kaleb to her. She described his black, loose and jaw-length wavy locks, dark brown eyes and delicate nose shape complementing his round face in a cute, but mature way. Anita had only positive things to say about him that first conversation she talked about him. He was determined to reach his goals, was outgoing, liked to plan long-term and had a commitment to helping his parents with their successful investment company. From that first conversation, (f/n) thought that Anita had found someone who might be good for a long-term relationship even though Anita hadn't been wanting that at the time.

Then, the other conversations happened. How he had been rude to her on several accounts: not responding to text messages for several days, telling her that he was too busy to deal with her and give her attention, calling her needy and other similar things. He called her names and told her that she was annoying all because she wanted to hang out for longer than hour every week. Not to mention that he left her hanging on multiple dates. His behavior left her in tears several times. Yet somehow, he managed to pull her back several times, saying how he was wrong and to give him another chance. Anita would gloss over why she went back on dates with him and only would really say that she forgave him and that he still had those qualities that she liked about him.

So, they were on and off several times. Kaleb never committed to anything long-term despite Anita's assurance that he did like planning long-term. Apparently, Anita wasn't included in those plans, but (f/n) held her tongue since Anita only would shove her friend's concerns aside and go on talking about him in a positive way every time they got back together.

When Anita told her that she wouldn't give Kaleb another chance after the last time they had parted ways, (f/n) couldn't be happier. Anita said how she just needed company during college and he was good to have around for that, but she knew that she never would form something serious with him given their differences and his attitude towards her on multiple accounts. It was a huge relief, but, apparently, her never getting back together with him had been lie. Now, they were in a serious relationship, and Anita even asked her to meet him in person. Never had she met him in person before, and (f/n) was quite happy about that. Otherwise, she might've punched the piece of sh*t. It was hard not to now.