Overview to Lead

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Before him, Lee liked to think that he had pieces of Tristan scattered across the countertop. Unfortunately, it only was steak, and the slices weren't the most even. Rather, he did cut the meat somewhat aggressively as he pictured Tristan losing parts of his limbs and screaming for it to stop. Not that he would. No, he'd be happily humming a tune, but that wasn't reality. The only positive thing out of replacing Tristan with meat was that (f/n) could have a decent dinner, and he'd burn Tristan ten times over before he ever fed (f/n) a piece of that swine. Well, he hoped it was decent. It'd be nowhere near how his father made it, especially with some of the ingredients missing. But like the last stir fry, he hoped that it'd remain tasty and satisfying.

Since the meat was cut up and he had the bean sprouts, noodles and chives ready, he worked on cooking everything, with the meat being the first part. Cooking was by no means his favorite thing to do due to his past, but he was making a dish from his childhood before his grandparents messed things up, so he didn't mind it as much. Plus, it was for (f/n). That was also why he made sure that he had what he needed to make her a lime daiquiri too. It might not complement the dish too well, but she liked it, and it was refreshing from what he could remember.

There did run the risk of him damaging himself by cooking, especially with the oil involved, but he did wear oven mitts when he simply was stirring the stir fry. It made for an awkward cooking experience, but he also did like having hands. He did stand back as far as he could from the stove while also reasonably being able to cook.

When he finished cooking and began to plate, he broke out of his thoughts to the sound of the kitchen door opening. (F/n) smiled and commented, "Smells good." She was in her grey pajama top and pants. Her hair was damp to a degree, and she was letting it air dry. On her feet were purple slippers. Noting his oven mitts, she chuckled. "Here let me take over. You already did the cooking anyway," she reassured, and he didn't protest. It let him begin working on her drink. Not to mention she grabbed the pan before he really got to react.

Once she had the food plated, she set the pan aside and retrieved a fork. A note found its way on the counter shortly after. She glanced over to Lee, having heard him moving about in the corner and going between the fridge and counter, and she quirked a brow. "Is that the drink you promised?" He nodded, and she shook her head in amusement and gratitude. Truly, he was one of the kindest people she ever met ... well after she got on his good side and they sorted things out. But, she had accepted that other part of him, and she couldn't deny that he was a better friend than Anita ever had been. And in the future, he possibly could be more.

At the thought, she withdrew her attention from him and read over the note. Are you feeling better? Yeah, she was. She washed herself off and was in comfortable clothes. Plus, she had dinner and a drink all prepared for her by someone who genuinely cared about her, and she returned those feelings back to him.

"I am, especially with all of this." She took a bite of the food and hummed in delight. "Delicious!" Turning around, he had the finished daiquiri, and he held it out to her. He wished she could see his smile, but he was glad that she was enjoying it. "And, a daiquiri of all things." She took the drink. "You certainly know how to spoil me." A hand rested on top of her head, and he gently rubbed his fingers there before he retracted his hand and wrote another note.