Try to Watch

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Several days had passed. In fact, a whole week had gone by. No negative reviews were posted online, and their service continued to be busy. As for Anita specifically, she had the mannequin in her room every night. Nothing happened. (F/n) even tried to check in on Anita and the mannequin in the early mornings before her friend woke up. Annoyingly, Anita locked her room door, and (f/n) couldn't pick the lock at all even though she had tried. Needless to say, that area of expertise wasn't hers. They even had another event, and Anita had left the mannequin downstairs with (f/n). Unlike last time, nothing occurred. She had cleaned up the dining room fine, and nothing creepy had happened.

Was she going mad? Had all of that really been her over thinking things and tricks of her own mind? That didn't seem possible even if it seemed the most reasonable compared to the idea of the mannequin coming to life. Either that or the mannequin was a lot more intelligent than either of them were giving it credit for, and it knew when to remain still and when to move in order to keep up the illusion that all of its movements were in her head.

Anita, though, was satisfied. She felt that she had proven her point loud and clear. No harm had come to her, and no harm had come to (f/n) when she had been left alone downstairs with it. Both of them were fine, and neither of them had seen anything during that week. To Anita, there was no further argument on the matter. The mannequin wasn't alive; it simply was an inanimate object.

(F/n) wished that she could be as confident as her friend, but all of that had felt real during the birthday party. What Anita was telling her made sense, though, even if part of her mind wished to remain unconvinced. While Anita was certain and (f/n) hesitant, he was glad that he didn't have to wait around and do nothing anymore.

Technically, he hadn't been doing nothing. When he had been in Anita's room, he had searched her room for other information about her, about the year, etc., and he had been careful not to wake her up. Much to his irritation, the strange small device of hers, which he learned was called a cell phone through one of her conversations with Scarlett, was locked too, and he couldn't find the code. She even had one of those rectangular black boxes that opened up and required a code. Again, he couldn't find it. Still, he barely had any information except for what he heard in conversation, and not all of it he quite understood. Clearly, some new terms had come about, and he had no idea what they meant.

Despite his lackluster searching, he was certain that he'd get information sooner or later. Someone would mention the year, someone would mention something that would help him or make things more interesting for him. At least, tonight he could move about the house. He was certain that Anita wouldn't pay any mind as long as he was careful, and (f/n) might just think that she was imagining things or try to make herself believe that. A smirk hit his lips.

For the moment, he was enjoying having the whole building to himself and being free to move around in it. Most of their food came in by delivery from a grocery store a little bit out of town since it had more selection. Occasionally, (f/n) would go out and get groceries as well as necessity items from the local market, but Anita still would be in the structure, and he couldn't mess with her. Otherwise, he might risk getting locked up again or destroyed, and he didn't know what would happen if that occurred. Not worrying about that now, he moved about the house and hoped that he could find something that he had missed in his other searches, which had been more cautious, around the house.