Kiss to Address

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Around her, everything seemed to be completely silent. (F/n) couldn't even hear her own breathing. All she could focus on was that Lee's face was right next to hers. His lips were on hers. There was no warmth from them, and they pressed her skin against her teeth. It was uncomfortable in the sense of the pressure he applied and that his lips didn't mold to hers, but that didn't matter. And, it didn't matter that he couldn't close his eyes and that most probably would consider it creepy how his eyes just stared blankly at her while he kissed her. No, what mattered was that those plastic lips belonged to Lee.

Slowly, sound returned to her. She heard her heart pounding in her chest, and she felt the blood in her cheeks. But, her surroundings remained a blur. Even the laptop seemed to vanish for a moment. Entirely, her eyes were on him. As he moved his lips away and withdrew his hand, she didn't divert her gaze. (F/n) didn't know his emotions in that moment, and she couldn't describe her own other than she felt butterflies in her stomach and didn't care that he was made of plastic and metal.

Lee watched her gaze and wondered if he had moved too soon. Had he screwed things up? She looked so still. What if she didn't want a romantic relationship just yet or ever? Already, she might've decided that just friends might be best for them. If he was traditionally alive, he'd probably be sweating. He was scared of what she'd do and say next, and he was frightened by how he might react; he couldn't lose her, and he knew that he wouldn't let her go regardless.

So when she leaned towards him, he was terrified that she might hit him. Instead, her hands cupped his cheeks, and she kissed him back. Joy. Pure joy. It was like a million fireworks exploded inside of him. He pressed his lips against hers in response, and she ignored the slight physical pain it brought her because she knew that he was doing all he could to kiss her back.

Despite there being no physical warmth from his lips, her whole body felt warm from the action alone. She knew what it meant, and that was enough for her. If it was Lee, she didn't need to feel everything physically; she felt it in her heart. That might sound cheesy as could be, but she didn't care.

Moving closer to him on the bed, she kneeled in front of him. Their knees touched, and he rested his hands on her hips to hold her better to him. Her hands moved from his cheeks to the back of his neck, and her fingers interlocked there. She continued to kiss him until she needed a breath of air.

Reluctantly, she pulled away, but he rested his forehead against hers. "That just happened, right?" she asked, breathlessly. He nodded gently, and she couldn't help but laugh a little. She smiled brightly next and admitted, "Well, that was quick." Not being able to help himself, he chuckled too and stopped only to write a note.

Guess we didn't last as just friends for too long. She shook her head as she read. But, I don't mind this. Are you okay with this? A laugh parted from her, and it made him smile.

"Yeah." She continued to smile. "I don't think that I would've kissed you back like that otherwise." Her cheeks heated up a little. "And, I must admit that I've been picturing you on the dates instead of Tristan. Not just to get him out of my mind but because I do enjoy just being around you." (F/n) moved her head to rest on his left shoulder. "You bring me so much comfort and are so caring. It's unreal," she breathed out before her lips touched the fabric of his jacket gently. Only did she move away when she felt him hand her a note.