Together to Bind

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop. 

Trust him. Lee supposed that was fair; he was asking the same of her, but her position, from her perspective anyway, demanded that trust more. He had messed with her and caused her trouble in the beginning before he found out about Anita's treachery. To her, he owed her that promise first since he had proven himself to be a dangerous foe. She probably worried that he'd kill or attack her after he dealt with Anita. Well, he would if she proved to be the same as her friend, and that's why he needed her promise too. Not again would he be deceived.

You want me to tell you Anita's plan? Her (e/c) eyes glanced to the note, and she nodded. (F/n) wiped away some of her tears and glanced up to him. A brief nod came from him as did a silent sigh. Nearly, a laugh came from him too. How quickly things changed. His plan of keeping the information from her, letting her figure it out and watching in interest faded away. After what he saw tonight, after what he felt, he couldn't keep going down that path. And, you'll answer truthfully? That time, she gave a nod.

Slowly, she pulled away from him as he began to write more down. Her legs crossed on the bed, and her hands rested on them gently. (F/n) hung her head as she waited. A few more tears fell before she wiped some of them away. When the note was placed in front of her, her heart felt like it might stop. She's going to take away the café from you. Kaleb will become the new manager. You'll be moved to another company, his, if you want it.

Why? Just why? Then again, what she had learned at the restaurant had been bizarre too, hurtfully so. Now, she felt even more lost. Her lips parted to speak but no words came out. Café Rose Tea had been their dream together. Ever since high school, they had been working towards it. They went to their respective schools after graduation to gain further experience in running a café. Kaleb never had been a part of that. He was going to take over his parents' business, so why did he want to manage their café, and why would Anita agree to that? What was she planning to make sure that she got entire ownership of the café before letting Kaleb in?

All this time ... Had she ever actually known Anita? Had she been played the fool since the first day they met? Around her, it felt like glass was shattering. Of course, she didn't have to believe what Lee just wrote to her, but it was hard not to after what happened at the restaurant. Anita had given Tristan a picture of her and had lied about knowing Tristan during culinary school. It seemed that even Kaleb's parents were aware of what was going on. Probably, Tristan's to a degree as well. "I ..." she started out, words leaving her again. She leaned forward and nearly fell off the bed, but Lee reached out and grabbed her waist to stabilize her back on the bed.

Letting go of her, he wrote another note. I know that this doesn't seem real. But, it is. Barely, she responded with a nod of the head. It's your turn now, though. Swear to me what I asked. I'll know if you're lying. Steadily, she peered up to him, and her (e/c) optics met his dark brown ones.

No doubt this was a leap of faith, but what he disclosed to her made sense given what had happened even if she didn't want to believe it, even if she wished this all to be a horrid nightmare. But, she needed help, and he was offering it. Not to mention that he realistically would see and hear what she wouldn't. Anita and Kaleb would think him only a mannequin; they wouldn't mind telling their secrets in front of him. She just hoped that she didn't regret this decision down the road.