Pieces to Complete

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

 Walking down the sidewalk, she felt like every step was a stone weighing her down. (F/n) really considered pretending to get lost as she got closer and closer to the terrible destination. As if Tristan predicted her possible action, she heard her name being called and his familiar voice. "(F/n)!" Inwardly irritated, she faked a look of confusion and glanced around for him. There he was. He was further down the street from the café.

A light denim jacket was on him along with black jeans, grey t-shirt and grey and black sneakers. His hair was messy, wavy and curly in the front, yet he had it brushed to the side as though his hair state of disarray was intentional. Tristan's light blue eyes held a deceitful kindness in them, and she didn't wear a smile. Instead, she waved to him and met him halfway. "Didn't trust that I'd show?" she asked once she got close enough.

Chuckling, he shook his head. "No, I just thought that it might be nice for me to walk you there." She hummed in doubt, which only caused him to emit another chuckle. He took her left hand in his right and began walking. How she wanted to rip her hand away, but she forced herself to keep holding hands with him. They had at the park, so she'd keep up appearances. "How have you been? I heard that business is still doing well." Yeah, Kaleb probably loved that news.

"The usual. How about yours?"

"Good. I drew up some designs recently that I'm really proud of. I'd have to show you sometime."

"Oh?" She quirked a brow and looked up to him. "Is this your way of inviting me over to the hotel?"

"Possibly. I certainly wouldn't mind." He smiled back to her and gave her hand a gentle squeeze. Nearly, she cringed, but she acted indifferent instead. "I'd like to get your opinion on them at some point."

"I'm no interior designer, Tristan," she commented, looking ahead again and acting like she didn't know why he'd ask for her opinion. But, she knew. He wanted to make her feel more welcome in the business, lure her in and take her away so that Anita and Kaleb could run the café together.

"That doesn't matter," he reassured and gave her hand another squeeze. "I still want your opinion because I'm growing to like you."

"Even if it's horrible? What if I affect one of your relationships with one of your clients or multiple?" she questioned, wondering if he'd crack under the questions. Unfortunately, he didn't.

"I assure you that wouldn't happen." They turned a corner and went down another street. "An outside opinion will be beneficial. It'll give me new ideas for future designs."

"Well, I suppose." She shrugged and didn't comment on his remark about growing to like her, but he brought it up in her place.

"Then, I take it that you'd be willing at some point," he mentioned, hopeful. She sighed and shrugged, which made him smile. "Does that mean that you're growing to like me more?"

"I haven't pulled my hand away, have I?" She even held their intertwined hands up, and she kept away the desire to vomit.