Hands to Lock

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Fast asleep, (f/n) didn't know that Lee was almost finished looking through the pictures that were taken back when Anita just had started dating Kaleb officially. His right fingers combed through her (h/c) (h/l) locks while his others scrolled down the page. Lee searched for anything that might point to Kaleb dating that other woman. He checked the backgrounds of every picture carefully to see if he recognized any of the faces when the people at the forefront weren't familiar.

Roughly, he sighed, and he briefly leaned his head back against the headboard. When his eyes focused back on the laptop screen, he scrolled down again. If he could get tired, he'd be exhausted. He needed more evidence to prevent (f/n) from going on another date with Tristan. Her next date would be with him. They'd have a perfect picnic together.

Moving down another row, he checked the time. He didn't have too much longer before Anita probably would be back. If the next few rows didn't have anything, he'd probably have to stop for that night. His optics fell onto the next picture. Neither Kaleb nor the woman was in the forefront. When he checked the background, however, he paused. Was that ... A grin spread on his lips.

In the picture, Kaleb was holding hands with the woman. Both of them were heading over to the bar, and they had empty drink glasses. To top it off, the picture still fell into the timeline of when Kaleb already was dating Anita. Instantly, he saved the image to where (f/n) had the other pieces of evidence.

Gently, he shook (f/n) awake. Sleepy, she glanced up to him and squinted her eyes due to the screen's illumination. "Lee? Did you find somethi –" A yawn cut off her speech, and she covered her mouth while a small amused smirk touched his lips. The action was adorable. "Sorry," she added before she went to finish her question from before. She didn't, though, since Lee simply pointed to the screen. When her optics concentrated on it, they widened a bit, and she didn't feel quite as tired as mere moments ago.

Pointing to the date of the picture next, he couldn't help but smile when he saw the grin form on her lips. "That's in the timeline we need," she muttered as she began to sit up. "Did you save it?" she inquired when she peered back to him. He nodded, and she couldn't stop grinning. "Anita could work in some excuse about how holding hands could mean they're just friends and that Kaleb was drinking something non-alcoholic, but this is another step forward. It's more proof that Kaleb met with her to some extent while he asked for Anita to be his official girlfriend."

Rubbing some more of the sleep out of her eyes, she scanned over the other pictures readily available on the screen. She thought that she had seen Kaleb again in another one. And, her eyes found it! It wasn't in the timeline, but it only was a week before Kaleb and Anita got together. "They're kissing at the club again!" she exclaimed and pointed. Lee quickly looked at the picture too. They shared a glance afterwards, and (f/n) held up her hand for a high five.

Lee returned the gesture, but he only hit her hand lightly so as not to hurt her. (F/n) diverted her eyes back to the computer. "It might not be in the timeline, but it's just a week before. And, they're holding hands in the timeline. That doesn't look too good."

But, it's still not enough, right? Anita could say they broke it off on good terms. (F/n) blew a few strands of hair out of her face and nodded dejectedly. Lee rested a hand on top of her head and passed her another note. But like you mentioned, another step forward. We're not going backwards. We're getting closer. We're just missing a piece to tie this all together.