Past to Present

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Beside her was a murderer. There was no doubt in that. Lee even had admitted to it and told her accounts of some of his victims and how he had killed them. But, tears still trickled down her cheeks when she read how he was killed. Perhaps if his victims were present, they'd be calling her a fool and be disgusted with her. Maybe, she should feel the same regarding herself, but she'd be lying if she said it didn't hurt to read what he went through. To imagine it pained her even more.

They had declared themselves friends, a bond born through bizarre circumstances and mutual understanding of the pains of betrayal. That's probably why it caused her to cry. She didn't want to lose him, and she knew that he didn't wish to lose her. Both of them had lost the people they thought they trusted most, only to find each other. There was solace in that.

Finished with the note, though, she did wipe her tears, but Lee did so too, stopping her halfway. He wiped them on his pants and didn't mind the brief stain they left there. (F/n) sent him an appreciative smile before she finally spoke, "... He sealed you in too, didn't he?" Lee nodded. He relaxed his hands to write another note.

Made quick work of it. I guess that I had scared him enough. She saw him move in such a way that suggested he was chuckling, probably as a sign of payback. I woke to find myself stuck in a mannequin and surrounded by darkness, except for the small hole in the wall that he hadn't noticed.

"So, you have no idea what happened to him?" she questioned, worried. If he had been around the same age as Lee back then, he most likely wouldn't be able to do much directly now, but if he had gained money like he wanted, he probably had resources that could hurt Lee. But if Jared was alive still, he probably thought Lee to be sealed away currently; however, there remained the possibility that he could find out otherwise, and he might try something.

Perhaps, she was being overly paranoid, but she didn't want anything to happen to Lee. It didn't help that Lee shook his head at her question. A frown touched her lips. "Then, let's look him up. If he did succeed in his goal for money, he might have gotten to be well known enough to be talked about online at some point." Lee stared up to her.

Personally, he did want to request that they research him when they could since he had revealed his past. There was no reason to hide Jared's full name or any of that information anymore. But right now, they needed to focus on Tristan and Kaleb. The day at the pool wasn't far away. I appreciate it, (f/n), but we should focus on your issue now. Jared can wait until we have more time on our hands.

"I know, but this is important too." He was about to argue, but she spoke faster than he could write that time. "You've helped me, so let me help you too. We'll still have time to look up more on Kaleb and Tristan. There's tomorrow also." A light sigh parted from him, but he did smile.

Don't spend too long on looking him up, though. I want us to have something before Saturday. I'm worried about what Tristan might try next. Grateful for his concern, she nodded and picked up the dishes. Quickly, she cleaned them and put them in the drainer. When she was done, she grabbed his right hand and led him out of the kitchen back up to her room. His fingers intertwined with hers, and he continued to smile a little bit.