Conversation to Inspect

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Behind him, she kept her distance and watched his every step. His limbs moved normally, but that creaking sound emitted from them. He had to have been locked away down there for some long portion of time, and she wondered how much of the metal in him was rusted. There also was the question of how he even became a mannequin, or was he always a mannequin? Was she dealing with a demon possessing the item, and when they had Jason take down the wall, they had broken some unseen seal keeping him locked up? (F/n) didn't know, and that's why she wished that he had answered her question last night better other than saying he was a mannequin named Lee.

Her lack of information only made her more cautious. For all she knew, he could spin around and jump her. Thankfully, he didn't, especially when they were on the stairs going up, but he wasn't even telling her what he wanted at the moment. There was paper and pens in the kitchen, so it's not like he wouldn't have been able to communicate to her back there. Even if there wasn't, he could've used hand gestures to try and get his message across.

At the top of the stairs, he headed over to Anita's room. Inside, he grabbed her laptop and held it out to her. "What? You want me to go on her laptop?" She raised a brow. "I'm not going to intrude on my friend's privacy." Lee continued to hold it out to her, but when she wouldn't take it, he simply walked by her and into her room. He placed it on her bed and motioned her to sit before he headed over to her desk and took a seat. His eyes locked onto her, and he just stared with his hands intertwined on the desk. "I already told you that I'm not going to spy on her."

Lee unfolded his hands and grabbed what he needed. A paper airplane flew over to her and landed at her feet. (F/n) picked it up and read over the message. She will betray you. Look. Don't you want the upper hand? "She's my best friend, not some enemy who's going to ruin my life." He continued to stare, and she crumpled up the note. Yes, she was worried that he might try something by her refusing, but she wasn't going to put all of her trust in a living mannequin that had been tormenting her previously and still was. "You know how you can make this easier?" Folding his hands once more, he waited. "You can tell me why you think she'll betray me. You obviously know, but you're getting a kick out of me not knowing."

If his face could change, he'd be smirking in amusement. (F/n) couldn't see the smirk. She only saw his blank eyes continue to look at her. When he didn't write another note, she threw up her hands and turned away, but when she heard her desk chair move, she remembered just who she was dealing with. Perhaps, she had gotten a little too comfortable with the present situation since he had seemed just to want to talk presently.

Peering over her shoulder, she saw him standing up. His right index finger was pointed down. "... And, what will you do if I don't?" If only she could hear him sigh. She honestly was lucky that he couldn't leave the house and mess with someone else. Not to mention that she was being betrayed by her best friend and he could relate. Otherwise, he probably would've killed both Anita and her and moved onto somewhere else. He knew Anita's secret, and he easily could get Anita to confess to it in front of (f/n), which would lead to (f/n) spilling her secrets. After that, his work would be done, and he could move onto killing them.

But no. He was trapped in the house, and he couldn't just kill off his two victims. Sure, there were customers, but they'd stop coming if the business closed. Maybe, some ghost lovers would come around to inspect a haunted building. Those weren't certainties, however, and he didn't want to be bored out of his mind for so long again.