Evening to Resolve

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Water ran in the bathroom. They both had moved upstairs with the laptop and charger in tow, along with the new phone. (F/n) was taking a bath since he had encouraged her to relax after the long day. Lee was sitting at the desk. Before (f/n) had headed into the bathroom, she had uploaded the recording from her phone to the laptop. In front of him was all of the evidence they had collected.

The various pictures, posts and now recording were all there, and it was the recording that tied everything together. For the entire time that Kaleb had known Harper, he had known Anita. There remained the possibility that Kaleb had met Harper before Anita, but they didn't have evidence of that. That didn't matter, though. What was of importance was that Anita had solid proof now of Kaleb's betrayal and what he had in store for her. He'd keep Anita for the money and fun but also maintain things with Harper for additional fun. It was clear that he liked having someone completely separate from work, and Anita wouldn't give him that.

Truly, Kaleb disgusted him. But so did Anita and Tristan. Anita was willing to give up a loyal friend for that scumbag and increased business if that lowlife of a man even really could boost the café's sales. As for Tristan ... Lee glanced to the phone. (F/n) had told him that Tristan had bought the phone for her and the accompanying charms. He didn't very much care for that lying pervert gifting (f/n) something, but he was happy that she intended to get rid of the phone.

What made his blood boil even more was what Tristan had said on the recording. The implication of what he meant ... Well if Tristan ever did try that, not that he'd get the chance, he'd find himself receiving a very different call, and it'd probably be good for him to get a running start. But, he'd find Tristan. Somehow, he'd manage.

Hearing water stop, though, he broke out of his thoughts and glanced to the door. She'd probably be several more minutes. His dark brown optics stayed on the door for a bit longer. He was grateful he changed his behavior towards her and had discovered Anita's true intent; he was thankful that (f/n) trusted him now completely and had accepted his help to take down those three. A fond smile touched his lips.

Even better, they'd have their picnic in the future, and they wouldn't have to worry about those three any longer. They'd be gone from their lives, and he could help (f/n) with starting up her new business. He didn't know what she had in mind yet, but he'd be there for her; he'd help in what ways he could. And, he'd keep away from his old ways unless someone threatened her. Remaining by her side and keeping her safe was more important than his past hobby. Not to mention that indulging himself in it might get her in trouble, and he didn't wish to risk that. Lee wished to help her in her future dreams, not destroy them like Anita intended, and he never desired to become like that deceiving pile of trash.

Eyes breaking away from the door, he sighed lightly and got up. They had everything they needed; they just needed to discuss when they were going to reveal everything. Lee walked away from the desk and headed towards the window in the room. It looked peaceful outside. Stars were becoming clearer in the sky, and silhouettes of birds were just visible. Soon, they'd fly away from the café too.

Bathroom door opening, he peered over his left shoulder and smiled to her even though she couldn't see it. She smiled when she saw him. Her (h/l) (h/c) still was drying off, and she was in her grey pajama pants and top. Purple slippers were on her feet, and she seemed cozy, which maintained the smile on his lips. (F/n) walked over to him and stared out the window. "I'd say that we did well on time. Beat the two months and escaped anything worse from happening with Tristan."