Restaurant to Dread

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop. 

When Anita was ready, (f/n) watched her walk out of her room and do a brief twirl. Anita had on a gold fitted dress that stopped above her knees and had off-the-shoulder straps with a sweetheart neckline. On her feet were her gold high heels. Her hair hung loosely and was brushed nicely. A smile spread on her lips. "Well, what do you think?" Anita asked as her right hand now held onto her black purse. Black eye shadow and dark crimson lipstick complemented her look more.

"You look great, Anita, as always. But," (f/n) tried to keep from whining, but her tone was close to it, "can't we ditch the guys and go to a restaurant on our own? It'll be nicer."

Anita rolled her eyes and grabbed her friend's hand that wasn't holding her black clutch. "No. This will be nicer. Promise." Already, she was leading (f/n) down the stairs. Frankly, (f/n) doubted that promise quite a bit. Since when was hanging out with Kaleb the nicer option? Yeah, never. A drawn-out sigh left her.

"Can I at least know the name of the restaurant now? I'm not going to be able to cancel reservations anyway." Anita shook her head and now unlocked the front door. She peered over her right shoulder and gave her friend a look of knowing. "Okay, fine. I could, but I won't." One of Anita's brows raised. "... Fine, I won't ask. Lead the way," (f/n) practically groaned out.

A satisfied smile touched Anita's lips, and she headed out of the building with her. (F/n) peered over her right shoulder and towards the dining room connected to the kitchen. Lee was in there. At least, he wouldn't bother her in public ... hopefully. It'd be very unlikely that he would, but he might get impatient with her all of a sudden.

Soon, though, the view of the dining room vanished from her sight, and they were both on the sidewalk. When she glanced back to the café another time, she swore that she saw him looking out of one of the windows in the other dining room, but when she checked again, he wasn't there. "Stop looking back there like you'll never return," Anita teased, rolling her eyes.

That caused (f/n) to focus back on her friend, and a frown touched her lips. "That may be the case. You're dragging me to my doom after all." Another drawn-out sigh parted from her, and her shoulders sagged.

"Oh come on. Stop being dramatic." Anita continued to guide her to the location, and (f/n) felt the urge to drop down and just stay sitting on the sidewalk increasing all the more. When they got to the location, (f/n) peered up and read the name: Eric's Pub and Grill. She had heard of it from other patrons at The Iron Clipper. The food was decent, and the drinks okay, but most people preferred The Iron Clipper over it.

"So, why choose here? It doesn't seem to be better than our usual spot," (f/n) commented, hoping that maybe that would convince Anita to turn around. Unfortunately, it didn't.

"A change of place. Plus, the seating is a bit nicer," Anita explained, and (f/n) rose a brow.

"Did Kaleb or Tristan recommend this place too?" (f/n) questioned, her tone not amused.

"... Possibly. But, give it a chance." Anita tugged on her hand a little, and (f/n) nearly glared in annoyance before she sighed deeply and indicated silently for her friend to drag her into the establishment.