Outside to Celebrate

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

I guess that we became so busy with the search that I had forgotten about it at times. Her (e/c) optics met his dark brown ones, and he had a feeling that she knew he wasn't telling the whole truth. Perhaps, that reason was a little lackluster. I truly did forget; you helped me to. You've brought me joy I never thought possible, (f/n). She felt her heart skip a beat, and she broke their shared gaze only to rejoin it moments later.

"And, I'm happy to. But," she lifted up her hands and rested them on his cheeks, "you should've told me. I was planning on moving away from here after Anita and those two are dealt with. You know that. Why didn't you say anything?"

Leaning into her touch, he rested his hands over hers and sighed softly. He removed his hands from hers, and she let her arms fall back to her sides until she accepted the next note from him. Anita already broke your dream you had been working so hard towards. I didn't ... Well, I don't want you to stay here with all of those awful memories. I don't want to stay here. I would've figured a way out. From his lips parted a chuckle. She could tell that he most likely was laughing, but the mood felt far from happy. Even he couldn't really distinguish his emotions in that moment. Actually, not at all. I would've been stuck. Deep down, I know that I wouldn't have been able to let you go.

Looking away from her, he rested his hands on the wooden stair railing. He slouched forward, and his hands tightened around the wood. "You would've forced me to stay?" Her voice was quiet, and she didn't step closer to him. A note was handed back to her.

Yes. You're the first person I've felt like this for. You said we're even family. She saw him look back to her, and even if his expression was neutral, she knew that he was in pain. How could I possibly let you go? So, I stayed quiet and hoped that things would work out to where I didn't have to do anything to make you hate me. Even saying this, I'm ... (F/n) didn't finish reading; she didn't have to, and she let the note slip from her hands.

Walking up to him, she raised her hand. He expected a hard hit, especially after she dropped the note like she did. Maybe, he shouldn't have been so honest, but he didn't want to be anything less. Otherwise, he might turn into the very people he hated throughout his life. But, he was surprised when her slap was merely a light tap, and she sighed roughly before she combed her right fingers through her (h/c) (h/l) locks. "Idiot." She rested her hands on her hips. "You don't have to force me. I did tell you that we're family, and I meant that. If I needed to stay and make this work, I would've."

Eyes on her feet, she shook her head before she met his gaze once more. He was expecting an irritated glare. Instead, he received an understanding and pleading smile. "We trust each other now. So, trust me with your emotions. Tell me when you're scared, Lee. I'm not going to think any less of you." She sighed and rolled her eyes again before she wore that same smile. "Honestly, I've accepted so much from you. Do you really think I'm going to judge you like that?"

When he went to write, she stopped him. "I know why you didn't tell me earlier. When you were tormenting me, it made sense. I would've bolted and convinced Anita to leave somehow ... well, maybe ... She probably would've gotten what she wanted sooner, and you'd be stuck with those two. You'd lose some of your entertainment." Her hand moved from his and fell by her side before she rested both on the railing and stood next to him.