Set to Sigh

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Tapping her fingers against the table, (f/n) waited while Anita held a smirk upon her lips. "So, are you going to tell me or just hold the information over my head until I get up and grab your phone?"

"Like I would let you grab my phone," Anita argued back with a grin. (F/n) rolled her eyes and gave her the look that said she would get her phone if she didn't talk soon. She took a slow sip of her whiskey and swallowed. As she set the glass down, she finally responded, "During culinary school. He didn't go there, but I met him when I went out to a bar on my own. We hung out several times after that and have stayed in contact." That information wasn't entirely true, but some of it was ... sort of. Of course, (f/n) didn't need to know that.

"Why haven't you mentioned him before?" (F/n) crossed her arms.

"Because he wasn't looking to date anyone before now. He's open to the idea now."

"Uh huh." (F/n) didn't look convinced, and Anita rolled eyes.

"I mean it. You even can look at his social media. He hasn't dated," Anita argued and pouted a bit in frustration at her friend's lack of belief.

(F/n) took out her phone and looked to Anita. She told her the social media to check, and (f/n) logged in. "Last name."

"Fields."

After she typed in the name and found his account, she pulled it up and scrolled through his public pictures. So, he was in business and worked for his parents' company, which happened to be in interior design. Some of the pictures of rooms he posted did look pretty nice. However, she did see several pictures of women, who weren't family members on his profile as far as she could tell. "So, are these friends of his, then?"

"Yeah ..." Anita started but stopped at (f/n)'s skeptical look. "Really, they are," Anita asserted, but it was clear she was holding information back. (F/n) waited for her to go on. "Okay, fine. They're his friends, but he's also had flings with them. That's what he told me anyway. They're all good with each other, however, and have stayed in contact."

"And, he suddenly wants a serious relationship?"

"Well, I wasn't in a serious relationship until now," Anita pointed out. (F/n) was about to interrupt, but Anita spoke before her. "And, don't use the excuse that I'm me, and it's different. You're just trying to find a reason to get out of this and not go to dinner with Kaleb and me."

"Yeah, I don't really want to go," (f/n) admitted and huffed. "But, I also don't want this guy to be acting like he wants a serious relationship but just wants a fling in secret. I don't need to deal with that."

Sighing roughly, Anita leaned back on her chair. "Can you trust my judgment a little?" (F/n) raised a brow as if she should really be asking that. "Kaleb and your dislike of him aside."

"... Well ..." (F/n) saw Anita maintain her gaze with her, and her look became more pleading. Groaning, (f/n) hung her head. "Fine. I'll come and meet him. Don't expect me to be easy on Kaleb, though, just because someone else is with us."