Chapter 19

Hi all, I am back with a chapter! I took a day to read all my previous chapters in order to link them up but I realised I made quite a number of mistakes in my previous chapters which made my story kinda unlinked >< so sorry for the inconvenience caused and I hope that I will improve along the way! So.... 

ENJOY THE CHAPTER!

Author POV

After the getaway from Busan, it has been a busy week for Jungkook to pick up his pending works while he was gone. He was rushing through meetings after meetings, scanning through budget sheets and proposals every day. He had been staying over in his office in order to complete his workload and would receive messages from Yuna to remind him about his meals. Even though they didn't have time to meet personally, her messages still warm him up.

It wasn't different today. He had to stay up late to wait for a call from America due to the different time zones. "I hope Yuna was here..." he muttered, pinching the bridge of his nose to relieve some stress.

It was almost past midnight but he couldn't go home. Just then, a knock was heard. Yuna is here? He thought delightfully to himself as he stood up to open the doors for his girl. Disappointment gushed up his face as he saw that it was Jinhee.

"Hey." He greeted out of politeness. "What brings you here?" He asked, not showing signs of letting her in.

"Er... I couldn't sleep, so I came back to see if I can do some work then I realised you are still in office." She explained, letting out a bitter chuckle, looking down on the floor after talking.

"Oh," sensing her downness, Jungkook continued, "Something happened?"

"Nothing much actually. It was just my father's issue." She managed to squeeze out a small smile. "I will get going then. Wouldn't want to bother you with your work." She shrugged her shoulders, maintaining the small smile.

Seeing her lifeless back view, Jungkook called for her again. "Jinhee, just wondered if you need someone to talk to." He offered. She was his best friend when he just reached USA while he was a child. If it weren't for her, he wouldn't have enjoyed his childhood.

Jungkook POV

I woke up from my nap to realise that Jinhee was resting on the couch. I ended the call at 5am and managed to catch some sleep while lying on my desk. Approaching her, I tapped on her shoulders to wake her up.

"Jinhee ah, do you want to go back to get a quick wash up before turning up for work? It's 8am now."

She squirted her eyes to adjust to the lights as she sat up, observing her surroundings.

"I didn't know I fell asleep." She lightly hit herself on her head, feeling sorry that she stayed overnight here.

I sent her out of my office before slamming back on my chair when my phone lit up.

"Morning Jungkook!" Without having to look at the caller ID, I knew it was Yuna.

"Morning sweetheart." A smile crept on my lips after so many days upon hearing her voice.

She asked about my well-being while exchanging updates about our lives.

"I will be out to meet my girls today after work. Remember to eat well at least! I know you are not sleeping well anyways." I heard her hiss at the end as I chuckled.

"I will. Don't worry. Have fun with your girls and be careful while I am not at home yea?" I nagged, stretching my neck slowly. After exchanging goodbyes, we hung up the phone since she had reached the orphanage.