Chapter 11

Author POV

It has been a week since Yuna and Jungkook met after the confession. They seemed to be too engrossed in their jobs and none of them had time to comprehend the situation.

Ever since the conference, the orphanage had enough funds to renovate and upgrade the facilities for the children. Jungkook has been working very closely with the orphanage to carry out the work smoothly. Despite the frequency that Jungkook has been to the orphanage, he never once saw Yuna. Maybe they were both avoiding each other but Jungkook is not forcing her. She needs time, so does he.

"Yuna, help me with the boxes. Bring them to the main gate for disposing later." Ms Son instructed Yuna, who switched her shift with her colleague to a night shift.

Nodded, Yuna held onto the boxes for disposal. Patting both her hands to get rid of some dust when she heard a screech sound of a car stopping in front of the orphanage.

"Choi Yuna?"

The man called out. He only had his white shirt on without the suit coat, the sleeves rolled up to his mid forearm and his tie loosened. Difficult to deny that, he looked extremely manly and sexy in this semi-casual form.

"M-Mr Jeon..."

But Yuna did not have the space to think about his good looks. Her brain was filled with the confession that night which she thought she has successfully forgotten about it for the past few days.

To her surprise, Jungkook was not in his cocky mode. He did not mention a word about that night, neither did he tease her about anything else.

"Where is Ms Son? I have something to discuss."

Pointing to Ms Son's office, Jungkook nodded and gave Yuna a pat on her shoulder before entering towards the direction. Wait... what? So, he has nothing to tell me? Yuna was not used to not listening to Jungkook mocking her. She kinda... missed it. But, isn't this what she wanted? Not wanting Jeon Jungkook, that bastard, to interfere with her life? Why is she now not used to his distancing?

After putting the children into sleep, she was preparing to go home as another colleague took over. It has been raining for days in Seoul since it is mid-autumn. Groaning at her own stupidity for leaving her umbrella at her doorstep, Yuna quickly packed her bag, hoping to leave before the rain starts to pour.

Stepping out of the orphanage, there was a small drizzle. Jungkook's car was still nicely parked at the spot. He is still in Ms Son's office. Yuna thought to herself as she glanced at her watch. 11.30pm. He must have been working very hard these days. He looked much skinnier as compared to when they first met.

Through this project, Yuna could feel that Jungkook is responsible in his work. He does not always delegate all the work to his subordinates, instead, he does it with them. He might be strict but definitely heedful to details. That's what made him the most successful business man in Seoul in the younger generation, isn't it?

Yuna did not know how she could get her head in the clouds just by staring at his car. Isn't she praising him a little too much nowadays? While she zoned out, the rain started to get heavier. She finally came back into her senses when she finally felt the raindrop landing on her arm. Shaking her head to shake off those weird thoughts.

She missed her last bus, but her apartment isn't too far away from the orphanage. She decided to run home as fast as her legs could carry her since the rain was about to pour. She should be able to do that, she thought.

Grabbing tight onto her sling bag strap, she started running towards her home. Guess the God did not hear her heart, after five minutes of running, the rain poured mercilessly, drenching her from head to toe within seconds.