Chapter 27

Author POV

"Mr Jeon, Ms Choi might be diagnosed with retrograde amnesia which means she is unable to recall memories from the past, especially those that are formed later in her life. This might be caused by the blood clots in her brain, affecting her hippocampus or amygdala. We will need to arrange another brain scan to look into that." The doctor did various checks with Yuna, but she is physically well, thus he concluded the above to Jungkook.

"But please don't panic, this shouldn't be permanent, but we can only confirm after the scan." He added on before Jungkook could continue.

Jungkook POV

Staring at Yuna talking to her friends, I don't know what to feel anymore.

"Sorry... but do I know you?" she tilted her head very slightly as she was still too weak to have big movement.

"Yuna..." I mumbled, not believing my ears. "Don't play this with me, darling." I stuttered.

"You... know my name?" she looked extremely puzzled, as if I am a total stranger to her. No, come on, this can't be the case, Yuna. Don't do this to me.

The last minute I was elated at the fact that she finally woke up after so long, and this minute, my legs felt wobbly again. I sat beside her on her bed, and she moved slightly away by instinct.

"I am Jungkook, Yuna ah. Don't scare me. I am Jeon Jungkook." My tone turned more into a plead as I wanted to reach out my hands to hold onto hers.

Her eyes twirled around, looking as if she was trying to recall this name in her brain. This can't be true. Please don't tell me she can't remember me anymore. Choi Yuna, please.

Before I could explain further, the doctor and nurses came rushing in to do a full routine check to make sure she was okay after waking up.

"You really scared me to death." Yerin noona commented, taking the seat at the side of Yuna's bed. Yuna was still too frail and sick to sit up and respond to every single one as they chipped in to show their concern.

"So, what are you ganna do?" Yoongi hyung stood beside me as we were all standing a distance away from the girls to give them some space to catch up. Most importantly, because Yuna doesn't remember any of us anymore.

It was as if the seven of us got washed out of her memory.

"I think taking her to places where you two have been before would be a good start." Taehyung hyung suggested. "I always watch this in dramas. It might trigger her memory." He added, nudging me with his elbow.

To be honest, I have no freaking idea. I was still in dazed, and my brain was in a tortuous state. I couldn't think of anything useful at this moment.

"Let's wait and see what the doctor suggest after Yuna has gone through her brain scan. There is no point guessing and panicking now." Namjoon hyung tried to calm everyone down as they were also alarmed at the fact that Yuna didn't recognise any of them when they stepped in just now.

"I don't know..." was all I could mutter, while my gaze never left Yuna a second.

Yuna POV

"Unnie, do you remember what happened?" SinB asked me worriedly, as the girls gathered around me. There was also a group of boys who came with them when they first arrived.

"Are they your boyfriends?" I questioned in awe as I don't remember any of us dating. I was trying to recall but every time I try, I will get this sting in my head which was almost unbearable.

"Of course not!" I swore they overreacted, but I didn't have the strength to dig in further.

"I actually don't exactly remember how I ended up here. I remembered going to the orphanage for work and then... nothing." I closed my eyes to try and recall, but no recollection was flashing in my head.