Chapter 23

Jungkook POV

"How's you and Yuna? It has been quite long since we have met her." Namjoon hyung asked, chewing on some peanuts.

"Yea! We only met her once. When are you ganna bring her out again?" Hoseok and Taehyung hyung joined in.

I sighed, leaning back with the glass of beer in my hand. "She has been too busy for me as well."

"Wow, I didn't know working at the orphanage is this busy. Our Mr Busy CEO Jungkook is freer than her." Jimin hyung teased, nudging me.

"She isn't just working at the orphanage. She has been self-studying some business and accounting courses. She doesn't even need it in her work. I don't understand why is she suddenly studying all these. She told me she is interested but she was never interested in these when I knew her." I frowned, drinking some beer.

"Is she doing this to get closer to you? Since your entire world is about finance and business." Yoongi hyung raised one of his brows. "Maybe she is insecure or something." He continued.

"But I gave her enough security. I swear, she was fine before I left for Chicago two weeks ago." It can't be. Yuna isn't that kind of girl who is constantly insecure. She knows it, she knows I love her for who she is. I love her because she is kind-hearted and genuine, I don't need her to know all about business to fit into my world. In fact, I hope I could fit into hers. Just leading a simple life with her.

"You know," Taehyung hyung added in. "Girls are always insecure. In many different ways." He nodded, sounding like an "expert" when he hasn't even dated before.

"It might not be because she is insecure. Maybe she just wants to fit into your world?"

The boys' words have been ringing in my mind as I went back home. Yes, I went back to my own house, to pack more of my daily necessities before heading back to Yuna's place.

"Oh, what a rare guest." My dad commented in a sarcastic tone, his vision not leaving his newspapers.

I ignored his comment and was about to walk straight to my room when he continued. "I see that you have a pretty tough-minded girlfriend."

My girlfriend? Yuna? What does he know about her? I scoffed in my mind, not wanting to acknowledge his statement. Stop commenting about Yuna when you know nothing about her.

"I expected her to lose faith in herself and leave you," he went on, which caused me puzzled. What is he talking about? "But she rebutted back at me." he finally put down his newspapers to reach for his cup on the coffee table. Yuna rebutted back at my dad? What does that mean? They met?

"What nonsense are you talking about." I coldly replied, back facing him still. "I know she is a tough lady, and she is clear of what she wants, so don't you think of interfering us."

"Your girl already made it very clear to me about that." He put down his cup, clearing his throat. "At least she has the guts to stand by her decision."

This caused me more confused. "You met her?" I finally turned to face him, it has been long since I have looked at this man eye to eye.

"She didn't mention to you?" he questioned as he read my confused expression. "I thought she would have grumbled to you."

"What did you do to her." I was trying to control the anger inside me, as I "questioned" him. It wasn't a question, more like a statement.

He shrugged his shoulders, uninvolved. "Nothing, just had a casual chat with her." He put down his cup back on the coffee table.

"Stop doing all your sneaky tricks behind my back." I snapped. "And don't you dare lay your hands on Yuna again. She did nothing wrong."

"Keep your cool, young man. Your girl wasn't even as irascible as you." He rose his brows.