Chapter 8

Before starting the chapter, I just want to say a big big sorry to all my readers! So sorry for such a late update because many things came up for the past few months. I hope you guys have not given up on me because of me being inactive. Thank you so much for your support that has been keeping me motivated and I hope you guys will like this chapter! So sorry once again and enjoy the chapter!

.

.

.

Author POV

"Are you someone who can question my actions?" Jungkook raised a brow, his hands still tugged in his pockets.

There was no answer running through his mind. Why did he do that? He doesn't know too. This is the first time he has no answers to his actions, but he has to put up a calm front. He doesn't want others to know he is panicking inside. After the years in the competitive business industry, that is what he learnt.

"I know I am not, but this is concerning me. I have the rights to know." Yuna challenged, not noticing the little anxiousness that flashed pass Jungkook's eyes.

"Hold up, I need to let you know. Rights? You are talking about having rights with me, Choi Yuna? Do you even have the rights to question me? Since you know you are not someone who can question me, whether it's concerning you or not, you have no rights." Changing his teasing tone into a serious and stern voice, Jungkook by past Yuna, reaching for the door.

"Then I will pay you back." The moment their shoulders brushed past each other, Yuna spoke up. This caused the man to stop in his tracks.

"Do you think you have the money to return me? You and yours friends sure have big appetites." He replied with a smirk that can be felt through his tone. "Besides, I am sure I burnt a hole in your pocket after paying for my tuxedo."

"Glad you know that you burn a hole in my pocket, Mr Jeon. But I would rather burn another hole than receiving a free meal for no reason. It looks like a pity to me." Yuna answered, turning her back over to face Jungkook.

The last sentence felt like a punch in Jungkook's throat, making him speechless. Pity? He didn't do it out of pity. He just didn't want the employees here to look down on the girls since they look like fresh graduates who just step into the society. Where do they get the money to pay for expensive meals?

"Believe it or not, I didn't do it out of pity. Take it as a thank you for bringing me around in Ilsan, it that makes you feel better."

"A thank you meal doesn't need to be this expensive. I will pay you back, Mr Jeon. I might not be rich, but I don't want to be pitied."

"I don't need to repeat myself, Choi Yuna."

Not facing Yuna, Jungkook opened the door, revealing the rest of Yuna's friends cramped together.

Followed by awkward laughter, Yuna's friends stood up from their eavesdropping positions to greet Jungkook. "H-Hello, Mr Jeon."

Rubbing their hands against their clothing to release from nervousness which was formed into sweat droplets on their palms, they bowed politely. Seeing such a scene, Yuna mentally face palmed, letting out a sigh.

"Hello. Hope you guys enjoyed the meal." Jungkook nodded, his expression not changing a bit after greeting back with a monotone. "I got to go."

Jungkook POV

That night, I headed to find my hyungs in the same club.

"Yah! You are drinking way too much!" Namjoon hyung shouted, pulling the beer bottle away from me. "What's wrong with you?"