Chapter 26

Author POV

"Mr Jeon, I am looking forward to collaborating with you." Mr Park shook Jungkook's hand as they ended a pleasant meeting with each other regarding their business collaboration.

"Pleasure's all mine, Mr Park." Jungkook shook back firmly, signalling Sobin to guide Mr Park to the lobby. "Have a nice day."

Jungkook clapped in glee the moment Mr Park was out of sight because he got to deal with Mr Park's company, one of the most successful rising businesses in Korea. He was delightfully heading back to his own office, thinking of how to share this piece of good news with Yuna, when his phone rang.

"Hello, Mr Jeon? I am Mrs Son from Love Yourself Orphanage." Her voice was trembling, with short inhalations as if she was short of breath.

"Mrs Son, yes?" Jungkook frowned, thinking if something bad happened in the orphanage as he closed the door behind him, pressing his phone closer to his ear.

"Can you... can you come to Seoul National Hospital right now? Yuna..." without continuing the sentence, Mrs Son was already on the verge of bursting into tears.

Jungkook's heart immediately started racing as he inhaled a deep breath, while his hands turned cold almost instantly. He grabbed his coat and car keys right away, not putting down the phone call.

"Yuna? What happened to her?!" He raised his voice, not agitated at Mrs Son, but extremely anxious.

"She met in an accident and is now undergoing emergency operation. Can you come over now?" Mrs Son finally managed to finish her sentence.

Jungkook POV

My heart almost stopped when I heard the news through my phone. Am I hearing it wrong? Nonono, this can't be. This can't be happening! She was still bidding goodbye to me cheerfully this morning.

I stepped hard on the accelerator, speeding off to the hospital.

"Please be safe, Yuna." I mumbled under my breath, inhaling heavily as I swiftly parked my car, rushing towards the main counter in the hospital lobby.

"Looking for a patient who is undergoing emergency operation, Choi Yuna." I couldn't care and just randomly grabbed a nurse who was by the counter.

"Mr Jeon!" I heard a voice from behind me, I knew it was Mrs Son. The scene of her in blood scared me. Scared me entirely.

I ran towards her, seeing her hands and clothes half-covered with blood.

"Yuna..." she started crying the moment she saw me. "She was bleeding so much." She trembled while I stretched my arms to support her shoulders.

"She's gonna be alright. She is gonna be alright." I repeatedly murmured to myself, trying to calm Mrs Son down as well.

Standing in front of the emergency operation room, I never once thought that I would be here... and Yuna would be the one inside.

"She has been inside for more than half an hour. I called you immediately when she was sent in." Mrs Son put both hands together, praying that everything will be fine.

Author POV

Surprisingly, Jungkook did not shed a tear. He was just staring into space, sitting by the nearest chair. He invited Mrs Son to leave and wash up while ensuring that he will be here the whole time.

"Jungkook!" His friends and Yuna's friends arrived almost at the same time after receiving the devastating news from him.

It was at this moment; his eyes became watery.