Chapter 6

Author POV

Yuna had never thought that her home trip would be ruined this way – Meeting Jeon Jungkook. Her entire plan was ruined ever since she met Jungkook in Ilsan. Now, he would be visiting their eatery every night, sitting at a corner seat for hours. Sometimes, he would bring his laptop along to do some work. Sometimes, he just spaced out after having his dinner. Since Yuna's mother welcomed Jungkook, Yuna doesn't have a say in shooing him out. She just had to endure this situation.

"Yuna, is that guy interested in you? Why is he here every day?" Yuna's mom nudged her daughter while wiping the utensils dry. "I am the last person he would be interested in. I told you, we are enemies." The poor girl groaned.

"You know, enemies do end up together." Her mom continued, flapping her eye lashes at her daughter who was showing a face of disgust. "Umma, you should cut down on your dramas. It's affecting you too much." Yuna snarled and walked away, leaving her mom frowning.

Yuna POV

"Let's go. I am locking up." I dragged my heavy legs towards the main door, waiting for that man to exit. It became like a daily routine. It's the fourth day and he has been here the last two days, staying till I close store.

"Tour my around, I don't know where I should go." He requested behind me while I bent down to lock the gates. "You should go back to your hotel." I replied deadly, feeling the exhaustion all over my body.

"You are so heartless. I don't come to Ilsan often." He complaint, ignoring my worn-out expression. "I don't come back home frequent too, if you have just a little bit of observation skills." I snapped with an irritated tone.

I have been in Seoul for my studies and work. I seldom come back to Ilsan since I don't really want to be irresponsible and leave my kids. I didn't expect myself to talk to him like this, but maybe because I am really tired after long hours of working. I don't know how did umma and appa survive over the years.

"I'm sorry." He apologised, hugging his laptop bag. Am I hearing it right? Jeon Jungkook apologizing to me? What, does our food in the eatery have some power or something? He has been polite and less annoying these two days.

I turned my head to look at him, but he was looking down at the ground, kicking pebbles while we walk. A gush of regret flushed through me seeing him like this. "H-Hey, I didn't mean it. I just mean that I really don't know much places since Ilsan has changed a lot." I explained myself, hoping that he wouldn't be offended.

"It's okay, I am not angry or anything you are thinking. I understand how it feels like to work hard alone without anyone around you." He answered as if he could read my mind. His reply stuck me. Thinking back, I have not seen or heard him talk about his parents, not even a bit. Taking a peek at him, I saw a slight disappointment on his face which made me feel softened.

Without us knowing, we arrived at my house. Even though he is a bastard, I have to admit that he is a gentleman. For the past two days, he sent me back home, making sure that I arrived safely before leaving.

"You must be tired, I will get going first." Today, he is so different. His tone, his actions, his expressions. No cocky and smugly Jeon Jungkook. It is really unusual for me, but I would say, I prefer this side of him, I mean who wouldn't.

Staring at his back as he walked away, I could feel a sense of loneliness emitting around him. Not that over-confident and boastful Jungkook that I know. Maybe he isn't such a bastard. Everyone has their stories, maybe I should understand before judging him.

But that doesn't mean I have forgotten what he did to me...

Author POV

"Umma, is it okay if I take a break from the store today?" Bright in the morning, Yuna who woke up early was preparing breakfast while her sister, mom and dad gathered at the dining table waiting. "Sure, it should be a holiday for you as well." Yuna's father replied before her mom did.