Chapter 16

Author POV

An unbearable sting of pain flashed across Jungkook's brain repeatedly as he supported his upper body up with his arm into a sitting position. He took a scan with his eyes half opened before realising that it was Yuna's house.

Hammering his forehead a few times, hoping to release the headache as he recalled about what happened. Fetching his handphone from the table, he took a look at the time. 10 in the morning, and a text message caught his eye.

Pabo Yuna:

I left some tea and breakfast on the table. Make sure you grab them before leaving!

A smile crept up his lips as he realised that her contact name hasn't changed ever since he got her number. I will just leave it as it is, Jungkook thought to himself, shrugging his shoulders. Since no one else can call her pabo, except for himself.

Lifting the lid from the porcelain cup, a soothing aroma hit his senses as his dimples sank even deeper. How does Yuna know that he loves drinking chamomile after a hand over? He doesn't remember telling her about it. Guess she is detailed enough to realise that, Jungkook shrugged his shoulders, nodding before taking a sip.

Jungkook POV

"Good morning, Mr Jeon." I stepped into my office, followed by Sobin behind me.

"Ms Jinhee is already in office in the production department." She reported, placing a piece of paper which tallied all my work schedule for the day.

"How is she doing?" Not lifting my head up, I scanned through before marking down the more important workload.

"Fine, I guess. She was here today morning, looking for you. But you came in late. She wanted to give you this." Followed by her last word was a lunch box, delicately decorated.

"For me?" I frowned, not reaching my hand out to receive it yet.

Sobin has been working for me ever since I took over the company. We interact like friends.

She rolled her eyes and left a heavy sigh. "Does it look like it's for me?!" Not waiting for me to react, she slammed it on the table, "Don't forget about your overseas conference call at 12 noon." With that, she left my office.

Tossing the lunch box to and fro, I put it aside before preparing for the relevant documents. I just had Yuna's breakfast, I have no room for this anymore.

In the middle of my conference call, I heard a knock on my door. Sobin should know that no one should disturb me when I am in a conference call. She should refrain anyone who is coming in. Rubbing my temple, trying to look less irritated while concentrating on the content of the call.

The knock did not fade off after a few tries. "Come in." I said sternly, frowning even harder. What is so important?!

"Jungkook?" Half of Jinhee's body appeared behind the door. Not having enough time to attend to her as I have a call to deal with, I pointed to the nearby sofa, signalling her to sit there and wait for me.

She obediently obeyed while I finished my unfinished work. "Alright, thank you so much, Mr Daniel. I will look into the issue and send you a detailed report." The conference call ended, and I looked up to meet Jinhee's eyes.

Right, I almost forgot about her presence. I sighed before moving my vison to my computer, "Didn't Sobin tell you that I was on a call?" My tone was colder than ordinary. I don't like when people interrupt when I am on a conference call. It is a show of professionalism, not to mention that I was trying to concentrate.

"Err... Ms Sobin was not around when I came. I didn't know that you were on a call." She sounded softer, looking down with a file in her hand.

I forgot that Sobin mentioned about having a meeting with the finance department before I started my call. Fine, my bad.