Chapter 13

Author POV

Despite being together, nothing has particularly changed after that night. The only thing that changed was that they did not treat each other like enemies anymore. However, due to the little interactions between one another, they are not acting like a couple either.

Yuna is still living in her own apartment while Jungkook stays in his mansion. With Jungkook's heavy workload since it's nearing the later part of the year and Yuna's busy schedule with the kids, they both do not have much time together.

Most of the time, as Yuna's schedule is much more fixed as compared to Jungkook's, she would be in her apartment alone, staring at her lock screen hoping for a message from him to light up. Tossing around in bed, she held onto her phone tightly, but none was received and slowly, she is fast asleep. Dating a successful man is not easy. It's the conclusion that she came up with after various nights of waiting.

She is not sure if he is back to the old Jungkook that she knew, hanging around in the club or is he so busy to the point that he didn't have time for his phone and for her.

Sometimes, Jungkook might stop by at the orphanage but it is mostly because of work. During work, Yuna understands that she should not be interfering since it is his job to remain professional in front of his partners.

To give her a sense of assurance and confidence, Jungkook would secretly slide his way through the crowd to be near Yuna, giving her a light squeeze on her hand. All of Yuna's colleagues knew about her relationship with Jungkook, thanks to his brilliant call that day to apply leave. They teased her whenever he is present but Yuna does not hate it.

"Yuna, how is Mr Jeon like during non-working hours?"

She doesn't know. She opened her mouth, hoping to answer her colleague's questions about Jungkook but she couldn't. She realized she shouldn't even be called his girlfriend, she doesn't even know him that well as a friend.

She doesn't know how to answer such a simple question. "He is nicer..." Her voice was as soft as a tiny mouse squeaking in her own hole.

Disappointed and downed the whole day, Yuna was packing her bag when she received a message which could brighten up her day.

"Wait for me outside the orphanage."

Nothing more, nothing less, but enough to make Yuna's mood lighter than before. Taking quick steps with her sling bag, she spotted the familiar figure already leaning against his car, both hands tugged into his pockets waiting for her.

This would be their first official date, Yuna couldn't help but feel a little excited. Her eyes landed on Jungkook's flawless figure, definitely an art of God, as he wore a royal blue shirt which increased his elegance under the streetlights. Why didn't she see this side of him last time?

Noticing Yuna was already approaching, Jungkook's frown slowly became a smile as he stretched his right hand out. He was in deep thoughts about the matters in office but the moment he saw his source happiness, he doesn't seem to be troubled anymore.

Yuna gently placed her hand on top of his as Jungkook tightened the grip to pull her closer as he held onto her free left hand as well.

"How was your day, honey?"

Such names that Yuna found it disgusting last time, is now lovely and sweet in her ears. Not getting used to Jungkook being genuine about calling her sweet nicknames, her cheeks flushed into a shade of dark red before nodding.

"Hey," Jungkook softly called, his smile not leaving his lips as he pulls her even closer to circulate her waist with his arms. "It's time to get used to it, alright. You are my girlfriend."