Chapter 22

Author POV

It has been two days since Yuna had the "confession" meal with Jungkook's dad. His words have been spinning at the back of her head, and she was trying to shake it off with her busy schedule. She started looking at business related news and books, trying to know more about business management. Also, she didn't mention a word to Jungkook about that night with his dad. She wouldn't say she is affected by Jungkook's father, but he is not entirely wrong. She doesn't only want to be someone who understands and love Jungkook, she also wants to be someone who can help him whenever he needs someone to rely on in his career.

"Babe, why are you looking so tired these days?" Jungkook asked, leaning closer to his camera to take a better look at Yuna who was taking her breakfast but looking dazed. She has been taking some online courses on economics, so she would stay up late after work to study and revise.

"Not really, I am fine. " She smiled, munching on her sandwich when she heard someone rang Jungkook's doorbell. He signalled her to wait for a minute as he answered the door. It was Jinhee inviting him to go out for dinner. Yuna sank into deep thoughts again upon seeing the both of them through her screen.

She heard Jungkook trying to reject Jinhee, but she wouldn't budge. Yuna's brain was spinning, maybe because she was too tired from her work and studies, or maybe the scene of the two of them together made her uncomfortable.

"Jungkook ah," She tried to call out to him, hoping that he could hear her. And he did, so he came rushing to his phone to reply.

"You can just go if you are busy. I will have to leave for work soon anyways." Yuna explained, finishing up her last sip of coffee.

"Nonono Yuna, wait for me. I want to spend more time with you." Jungkook panicked, thinking that Yuna was mad.

"Oh, you are on the phone with Yuna? Sorry, I didn't know. I wanted to discuss some work with you over dinner." She heard Jinhee asked.

"It's okay, I will get going, Jungkook. We will talk again tomorrow. Remember to take your dinner even though you are busy." Yuna reassured Jungkook and waved before hanging up quickly.

She rubbed her temple, trying to get back her senses. They are colleagues, they have to work together. Yuna thought to herself before packing up to leave for work.

Jungkook POV

I am not sure what Yuna is up to these days. She has been pretty exhausted and would daze off from time to time. Is she working too hard? I sighed, thinking that she might be too worn out from work. I missed her so much.

"Jungkook?" Jinhee waved her hands in front of me to catch my attention. I nodded to acknowledge.

"I was asking if you want to have a stroll at the Navy Pier after dinner. It has been long since we have been there." She suggested.

"Sure." It has been years since I have been back in Chicago and Navy Pier is one of the places that Jinhee and I would always hang out when we were teenagers. No doubt, it contained most of my memories in my teenage days.

The cool breeze brushed through our skins as we walked down the aisle side by side. I tugged my hands into the pockets of my jacket, mesmerising the scenery at the bay.

"Nothing really changed that much, isn't it." Jinhee commented and I agreed with her.

"I remember you will always sit by that platform after school to just stare at the waters." She reminisced, pointing at that direction as flashbacks started flashing in my brain.

That young boy who didn't have friends and couldn't really adapt into the foreign culture due to language barriers and cultural differences. He didn't like to stay in school and would always come to this peaceful place to find his own world. Jinhee was his only friend in school as she was the only one who would speak to him in Korean, bringing him around to help him adapt. He recalled that she would always pack food to share with him and they would simply sit by this platform and talk about anything under the sun.