Chapter 7

Third Person's POV

The sound 'beeping' from the machine was heard in the ward. Jongin's head was wrapped and he was still sleeping.

Naeun kept staring at him, not moving her focus onto anything at all.

Please, wake up. I need you right now.

Jiwon stared at Jongin sadly, blaming her self, on the other side of the bed.

You should have not move. You should just let me be on that road.

Lay was waiting outside of the ward on the chair. He also kept blaming himself.

I should have go instead of Jongin. I should be on that bed.

Kringg! Kringg!

Lay take out his phone and it is Mrs. Son. He had told Mrs. Son about the accident, but he's scared to answer.

At last, he picked up the phone. "Yeoboseyo?" He asked. "Lay. I'm sorry. I couldn't go to Jeju. The ferry ticket is sold out and the weather is not good." Mrs. Son explained.

"It's okay. I understand. Anyway, everything here has been taken care of. Don't worry." Lay said, looking down at the floor. "Oh. And, when are you coming back here? How is Jongin? Is he still unconscious? " Mrs. Son asked.

"We don't know when yet. We're still figuring it out. Jongin is still the same. He's still lying on the bed." Lay replied. "Ouh. I hope he'll wake up soo-" "Doctor!"

Lay saw Jiwon rushing out of the door. "Um, Omma, I'll call you back." Lay hangs up before Mrs. Son could answer.

Naeun's POV

I saw his fingers move. "Jongin?" No response. His eyes flutters. "Jongin?" I tried again.

His fingers move, his eyes flutters, his hands trying to move.

"Jongin!" I exclaimed. His eyes went open. He stares at the ceiling. Then, moves to his front. He turned his head to the left, where I am. "Jongin! Y....you woke up!" I was happy, relieved to see him breathing on earth again.

But he frowned and his eyebrows were together, as if trying to remember something.

Then, he move to his right, looking at Jiwon who kept silent since he woke up. I saw him smiling a bit. He wants to sit up. Jiwon helped him, still silent.

"J...jongin. I'm here." I said. Yet, he still stared at Jiwon. He smiled. He takes Jiwon's hand and hold them tightly. "Are you okay?" He asked her.

Jiwon was taken aback. "Y...yeah. I'm f..fine. Just fine." She answered. "Jongin." I said, a bit loud. He turn around to me. He looked at me with no feelings in his eyes, different than when he looked at Jiwon.

But, I pushed the negative thought away. I stand up and get closer to him. I moved my hands slowly to his face and to his cheeks. I started to carress his cheeks and smiled. A tear drop, so happy to see him again.

But, he pushed my hands away roughly. "Don't touch me." He said coldly. I was shocked. What did he say? I touch his hands again, and he pushed his hands away from mine.

"Sondaejima!" He shouted. I jumped back a little, not expecting this from him. "Jongin, what are you doing? She's your girlfriend." Jiwon stood up and went to my side.

"No she's not. I don't have a girlfriend. I just have one friend." He said. "Who?" Jiwon asked. "You."

You. You. You. Jiwon. Not me. "I'm going to call the doctor. There's something wrong with him." Jiwon turned to me. Jongin hold Jiwon's hand tightly. "No. Please don't leave me alone with this stranger."