Chapter 12

Third Person's POV

"Teacher, Naeun is absent today." The class monitor reported to his homeroom teacher. "Absent? Okay."

•••••

"Lay? Why is Naeun absent?" Jiwon went over to Lay and sat beside him.

Lay was lost. He lost his mind somewhere else. He kept thinking about Naeun at the hospital all by herself. "Lay?" Jiwon snapped her fingers in front of Lay's face.

"Hmm?" He murmured. "Why is Naeun not here today?" Jiwon asked again, a bit curious about Lay's behaviour.

"Oh, uh, she got admitted to the hospital." "Hospital?" Jiwon rounded her eyes. "You didn't know? She fell down the stairs, spraining her leg and hurting her back." Jiwon looked worried. "Is it serious?"

"Well, her back is." Lay replied. "How serious?" Lay sighed. "One of her back bones nearly cracked. She needs to get full rest."

"Oh my gosh! I'm visiting her today. You coming?" "Yeah. I'm coming."

•••••

"Oppa, I'm going to the hospital to visit Naeun today." Jiwon said as she spooned in the rice into her mouth. "You're going to visit her?" Jongin asked, sitting in front of her in the cafeteria.

"Yeah, I need to." Jongin shook his head. "No. You can't. What if she hurt you again?". Jiwon smiled, happy that Jongin is being protective of her.

"Hey. She's lying on the bed, with wires attached to her. How can she hurt me? Don't worry, i can take care of myself."

"Really? Then, if you come back, and I find a scratch on you, i swear I won't leave her alone." Jongin looked serious.

•••••

Lay was talking on his phone in the gents. "I'll bring magazines and delicious foods for you today. Wait for me okay?... Oh, and don't do anything heavy. You need to rest...okay, I'm hanging up. Bye."

"Talking with Naeun?" Jongin went out from one of the cubicles. Lay was surprised at Jongin's presence. "Hmm..yeah."

Jongin went to the sink and washed his hands. "Is she really hurt? Or....is she just faking and lying to everyone? Well, I don't know..she wants attention?" Jongin smirked.

Lay looked madly at Jongin. "Jongin! Don't you dare say that!! I don't know what's gotten into you! Why do you hate Naeun so much?! She didn't do anything to you!"

Jongin chuckled and turn his back to the sink, his both hands holding on the edge of the sink. "She bullied Jiwon! Can't you see it? She's bad!"

"No! You're wrong! She never bullied Jiwon. She's an angel, not a devil like you believe so. It's up to you if you want to believe or not, but have my word, she's the kindest person you've ever meet."

Lay sent a glare to Jongin and went out the gents, leaving Jongin not satisfied.

"Huh! An angel? More like a devil sent from hell to me!" Jongin breathes heavily, mad.

Hospital...

Jiwon entered Naeun's room and fake smile. Naeun was a bit shock of her presence.

She tried to sit up but her back hurts, Jiwon rushed to her and helped her. "There. Comfortable?" She asked, putting down a basket of fruits on the table beside the bed.

"I don't need your help." Naeun snapped. "What do you mean? I just want to help. Aren't we friends?" Jiwon asked, sending a smile.

"Tsk. Friends?" Naeun scoffed. "You think we're friends?" "Then, what are we?" Jiwon sat down on the chair.