Chapter 8

The sound of bell ringing throughout the whole school means the first period has started. After one whole month of holiday, they'll start another semester and according to the headmaster, this semester, it will be more busy than before.

Teachers all head off to their own class, ready to give out the exam results. "Annyeonghaseyo. Today starts a new semester and it will be busier. Snap out of your imaginations and stay focus." The homeroom teacher, Mrs. Seo spoke in front of the class.

"I'll be giving you the semester results. Listen carefully. I'll just say it once." She look sharply at the students. At the mention of the results, the students sit straightly, straighten their backs and look at the teacher. They're nervous.

"Jongin, 1st place." She started and that made everyone look at Jongin. Jongin got himself a big applause from the students. He was proud that he got 1st place out of 35. "...........Kim Jiwon, 6th place, Zhang Yi Xing or Lay, 7th place........" She continued on saying their rankings and Naeun was anxious as her name wasn't called yet. She played with her fingers and focus on Mrs. Seo.

"31st, Son Naeun.............." Naeun slumped her shoulder down as she was the 4th before last. She was actually dissapointed in herself. Why can't she do better, she asks herself. "Hey, gwaenchanha. There will be lots more in the future. Don't be sad." Jiwon rubbed Naeun's shoulder for comfort.

For Naeun, she could only fake a smile to Jiwon.

"Excuse me a minute. I have something to do." Mrs. Seo went out the classroom and the class starts to go noisy. "Jiwon, I'm going to Jongin for a minute." Naeun says and got up. Jiwon looks at Naeun's action.

Naeun approached Jongin slowly. "J..jongin." Jongin looks up and stop from writing. "What?" "Erm, I want to c..congratulate you for getting 1st place." She looks at Jongin's table, afraid to see eye to eye with him.

"Oh, well thanks." Jongin said and start writing again. Lay stared at Jongin and then at Naeun. "Hey, don't you think you're being a bit rude?"

Jongin turned his head to Lay. "What did I do?" "You just ignored her. At least, talk to her like you care." Lay pointed at Naeun. "Are you teaching me about manners? Who are you to do that?" Jongin raises his voice a bit.

"A..ah, Lay. It's okay. I was at fault. I shouldn't have come here the first place." Lay looked at Naeun. "Naeun, it's n-" "It's okay. Sorry for bothering you. I'll go back to my seat." Naeun have her head looking down at the floor and sat beside Jiwon.

Lay wasn't satisfied but decide to stay still before any fights happen.

Jiwon sigh and rubbed Naeun's back. "He has amnesia. You have to get use to it. I'll help you."

Mrs. Seo comes in again and start teaching Maths. Naeun wasn't focusing on the lesson as she was just thinking about Jongin. She feels so down and doesn't have any strength to face each day in the future.

*****

The second period was over and lunch break came. "I don't want to eat with her. Lets go over there." Jongin dragged Jiwon to a table at the back. 'Sorry.' Jiwon mouthed the words.

Naeun put her spoon down and got up. "Eodiga?" Lay asks. "I don't feel like eating. Oppa, you go ahead and eat. I'll be outside for a while. Don't come." Naeun said. Lay wanted to follow her but when he hears her warning, he hesitate.

Lay's POV

I stop eating. I don't have the appetite to eat suddenly. I couldn't eat when Naeun's feeling like that. I pity her very much. A girl who was very cheerful and happy turns in a sad, down girl in just a second.