Chapter 13

"What? I don't understand. How can..."
-----------------------------------------------------------

"No. No. It's nothing. It's not true. This is not me. It's someone else." Jongin crumpled the picture and threw it in the trash can at the back of the class.

"Just forget it." He stared at the door, empty stare.

"Attention to all Class-4 students, please gather at the hall immediately." An announcement was heard. "Hmph. What is it this time?" Jongin mumbled.

•••••

Lay entered the room after Jiwon went out. "Naeun, did something happen a while ago?" He asked, standing beside the bed.

Naeun was pale, as if someone sucked all the blood out of her. Her hand was shaking; she hid it, but Lay could see it.

"What's wrong? There's something wrong right?" Lay asked again, this time, holding both her shoulders.

Naeun shook her head, looking down at the bed, not wanting to meet Lay's eyes.

Lay sat down on the bed, cupping Naeun's face, making her eyes meet his. "Tell me! Don't hide it from me. Jiwon did something to you, right? Tell me!" Lay couldn't hold it in.

It hurts him seeing her in this state.

Then, Naeun burst into tears, her hand clutching tightly on Lay's.

Lay pulled her into a hug, holding her tight. "Jiwon...she's not my friend anymore. S..she hates me. She m-made Jongin hates me." Naeun confessed, her chin resting on Lay's shoulder.

"She blackmailed me. She threatened me. She wouldn't let me see Jongin. I..." She stopped talking as she burst more into tears.

Lay caressed her hair, comforting her. "Don't worry. You don't need to be scared. You have me. Just, don't cry in the future. I don't like seeing you hurt." He said, nearly crying.

I'll take care of you.

•••••

Jongin entered the hall and sat on one of the chairs on the last row. He's not one of those who likes to sit in the front row and hear everything that the teacher will say.

"What do you think this is about?" A voice beside him asked. Jongin turned to his left and saw Minhyuk looking at the stage in front. "I mean, they just called for Class-4. Why not the whole student?" Minhyuk continued asking.

Jongin just ignored him and crossed his arms, looking at the stage.

"Jae Min, is everyone here?" The homeroom teacher, Mrs. Jung asked the class president. Jae Min stood up and turned around, counting his classmates.

"Yes. Everyone's here." He answered and sat down.

"Alright. I called you here to inform you all that we will be having a camp next week. All of you must participate. Got it?" Mrs. Jung spoke.

One student stood up and asked. "What is this camp for?"

"It's for your own good. Your grades have been dropping lately, so I thought of giving you guys a break. Who knows, you guys might rise up from this camp." The teacher answered.

And so, more question came I'm and Mrs. Jung had to answer them all.

"So, are you going?" Minhyuk asked. Jongin sighed and looked at Minhyuk. "If the teacher says so, I guess I need to."