Chapter 16

I love you, friend.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Third Person's POV

"Mom!!" Naeun ran in and hug her mom who was waiting for her at the door. "How's your school trip to Jeju? Did you have fun?" Her mom asked, smiling widely at her daughter.

Naeun nodded, her smile didn't leave her face. "And guess what? Something happened." Her eyes brighten. "What happened?" Mrs. Jung asked.

"You can come in now, Jongin." Naeun looked behind and Jongin came in with a smile plastered on his face. "Jongin?" Naeun's mom looked him, a bit shocked.

"Nice to meet you, mother." Jongin greeted her and bowed 90° degrees. "Oh my. You've remembered?" Mrs. Jung left Naeun and went to Jongin, holding both his cheeks in her hands.

He nodded. "Yes. And I'm sorry if I have upset you before. I'm so sorry." He said, holding Mrs. Jung's hands and bringing it down. "I promise I'll take care of Naeun. I'll make sure she won't get hurt anymore." He promised.

"Hear that mom? He promised." Naeun said, supporting him. "Yes. I heard that." Mrs. Hung chuckled.

"Then, I'll get going now. It's pretty late. We have school tomorrow." Jongin said. "Okay then. Get back safely." Mrs. Jung said. "Wait, do you have a place to stay?" Naeun asked, worrying about him.

"Don't worry. I do." He smiled, and went out the house. "I'll see you tomorrow, Naeun. And mother, I'll see you again next time." He said, bowed and left.

Mrs. Jung chuckled. "You picked the right one." "Well, I guess I did." Naeun smiled at her mother.

Jongin's POV

I went into my apartment and sat down on the sofa, putting my luggage beside it. Ahh, so I'm back to normal now. I'm me again.

And I remember everything. Including dad and Jiwon. Dad, I don't even know if he's alive or dead.

Jiwon, I'm just so disappointed in her. I didn't expect her to be like that.

I thought for awhile and came to a desicion. I stood up and went to my room, taking all my clothes and stuffs out the wardrobe and into my big luggage.

I'm making the right choice. Don't turn back, Jongin.

Then, my phone rings and I knew it was Jiwon. "Hello? Oppa! You're back right?" She started. I nodded, even though she can't see me. "Yes." "Great. I'm coming to your apartment. I missed you so much." She said on excitement.

Oh no. Not tonight. "Jiwon, i'm tired tonight. Lets meet tomorrow at school. Okay?" I suggested. "Emm..i guess you are really tired. Your voice sounds different. Are you sick?" Did I sound different? "No. I'm fine. Just a bit tired."

"Oh well, okay then. I'll meet you tomorrow. Good night, oppa." She said and hung up. Phew!

I was afraid I have to face her tonight.
•••••

I entered the classroom and went straight to my seat. To my surprise, I was the first one to come. Too excited to learn, I guess.

But then, I smell something gross. Mixed of sour and hygiene? Eww. Urgh, lets just not breath in the air.

Then, one by one students came in, pinching their nose and making weird faces. The effect of the grossy smell. Haha.

And Jiwon. "Jongin!! You came early! I missed you!" She came and hug me tightly. Well, I..just hugged her too. "I've just been away for like 3 days." I said.