Chapter 17

Naeun's POV

ting ! ting !

A message popped in the notifications. I clicked on it and saw it was from Jiwon. What is it this time? Well, i popped my eyes out as i read the message. It was full of swear words. Okay, this girl knows how to play. I'm just going to ignore her. It's always the same and i'm tired of it. Hmm, i better go downstairs for breakfast.

I skip down the stairs and went straight to the dining table and plop down on the chair. "Hmm, yummy!'' I exclaimed as i saw scrambled eggs and bacon on my plate as well as orange juice beside it. It's my favourite combination for breakfast. I scoop a spoonfull of scrambled eggs and in my mouth it goes and mom asked. ''How are you and Jiwon these days? I barely see her coming here. Did you two have a fight?'' Uh-oh. Well, we are on, er, bad terms if you want to call it. I stayed silent instead and sip some orange juice.

''I bet they're having a fight. She's jealous of you and Jongin. Am i right?'' i choke on my drink as Eunji said that. ''What? No, you're totally wrong. We're perfectly fine. She's just so busy with competitions and all that stuff. So, yeah..'' Well, i hope that's enough for the answer. ''No. You're ly-'' ''I said we're fine.'' I cut her and she went back to her breakfast.

''Okay then. It's good to hear that.'' Mom smiled. ''Oh yes, before i forgot, i want you to call Jongin and invite him over and stay for the night.'' What? Stay for the night? Why,mom? ''Why so sudden?'' It's a bit too sudden for this. ''I just want to know him better. You know, know the real him before i can trust him to take care of you.'' She said, a little sound of convincing coming from her. ''No, mom. Maybe some other time.'' It's totally not okay. I bet Jongin will feel uncomfortable, especially when this woman (Eunji), in front of me is there. ''Oh come on, i even prepared and cleaned the guest room for him.'' She made a sad face. No. I'm not losing. ''I even climbed up the table to get rid of the spider webs on the ceiling.'' Oh, fine!

''Alright. I'll invite him over.''

Lay's POV

The cold weather that is -1 degree Celcius made my hair on my neck stand up. It's freaking cold and stupid me, i forgot to put on a scarf. I was waiting for Jiwon actually. It was me who wanted to meet up with her, even though it took me ten times to make her agree. I wanted to put her problem to an end. I can't take it, it was annoying.

''Am i late?'' a voice said and i looked up. She smiles and sit down beside me. ''Yes and that's ten minutes late.'' i cross my hands in front of my chest and pretend to be angry. ''Alright, i get it. I will show up 30 minutes earlier next time. How about that?'' I looked at her and showed her a smile. ''Yeah. That will do it.''

''Ahhh. Okay, now, tell me what you want to talk about. I have something to do, so i'm in a rush a bit..'' Huh, it won't be that nice to talk about the other two if she's in a hurry, but i really worked hard on making her come here. So, it's better to talk than not. I don't even know when she'll agree again.

''I hate to say their names in front of you, but..-'' ''Naeun and Jongin? Why? What about them?'' She sighs at the end. ''No, it's just..can't you just make it up with Naeun? Forget about doing something bad to her. It won't make you have Jongin.'' ''Lay-'' ''No. Listen to me this time.''

She turns away and look to the front. ''Before, you and Naeun were bestfriends. Can't you be like that again? Be the cheerful you again. Stop suffering yourself. I don't like that.'' I said, hoping she would listen to me. Or, maybe i was hoping too, too much.

''I'm never going to be like that again. What? Cheerful? You think i was like that before? You don't know. It was me who always gives in to her. Everything i wanted, she wants it too. So, i thought as a good freind, I gave up everything for her. But, it happened everytime. Including Jongin.'' Really? Or is she just lying?