Chapter 18

Third Person's POV

The driver stopped right in front of the hospital. Nurses and doctors came running out of the entrance, bringing along a stretcher with them. The ambulance's door opened and cries could be heard coming from a lady.

The nurse moved Kim Eun Ho to the stretcher, a doctor putting the end of a stethoscope to where his heart is, checking his condition. "His heart slowed down. Come on, his condition is not good." The doctor said and they started pushing the stretcher into the hospital, with Eunji and Hae Na by the side.

"Doctor, save my dad! Please! You have to save him! You have to!" Eunji cried, not leaving her eyes of her dad. "Dad! Wake up, I'm sorry! Dad!"

They came to a halt.

"You can only go up to here. We'll do our best. Oh and, Jina, have her check up. She's hurt." A nurse bowed and went into the surgery room. "Dad, you have to come out alive. You have to." Eunji whispered, hoping her dad would hear her.

"Come on Miss Son, you need to get a check up. You're hurt."

Eunji's POV

"Okay. Pick up the medicine at the counter on your way back. For now, you're good." A handsome, young doctor said, looking up at me and smiled.

"Okay. Thank you for treating my leg." I smiled, bowing my head as a show of kindness. "No problem. It's my job, right?" He said, standing up. I chuckled.

"I'll be going now. Take care." He said and went off.

Dad.

What'll happen to him? Is he going to be okay? I can't even guarantee it.

I look around the 'room' to keep me calm. I can't get weak. I have to be strong for mom. She's hurting too but she's hiding it. She doesn't want me to- Naeun?

Jongin?

I carefully step down from the bed and limped towards them. "Naeun?"

"Eunji?" She gasped a bit. "W-what happen to your leg?" I saw her looking down at my leg. "Oh, er j-just..i fell down the stairs." I made up an excuse. I can't possibly tell her the truth, not with Jongin here.

"Why are you here then?" I asked her back. I saw little plasters on her forehead, her knee and her arms. Did she get into a fight?

"Just, er a little incident at school. No need to worry about it." She smiled a bit.

"Eunji? Naeun?" I turned to my left and saw mom. "Mom, you're here too?" Naeun asked with a hint of shock in her voice. "Oh, Jongin's here too." "Yes. I came to accompany Naeun."

"Did you get hurt, Naeun?" She asked, going straight to Naeun, hands touching her arms and forehead. "It's nothing to worry about. I'm fine now."

"Hmm. Go home and rest. Jongin, make sure she gets home safely." She looked at Jongin and he nodded. "Huh? You're not going home yet?" Naeun asked.

"I still need to have a check up. We'll be home a bit late." I said before mom gets to. "Go home first and rest. If you want dinner, i have some ready in the fridge. Heat it up, okay?" Mom said.

"Okay, I'll go home first. Bye." She said and walked away with Jongin.

"Huh, i thought i was going to sweat to death if he doesn't go away." I was sweating, literally. That happens whenever i get nervous. I was nervous if they'd find out about Dad. Jongin would be shocked(?) well, I don't really know what happened between him and Dad, but i felt like it's best if I didn't tell him.