T W E N T Y F I V E

"WILL I EVER LOVE THE SAME WAY AGAIN?" - Off The Table, Ariana Grande

NADILYA HAD WALKED INTO THE FOREST AND HAD NO IDEA WHERE SHE WAS AT. 

She also didn't care enough to find out. So, when the sun started to streak through the trees, Nadilya was still in disbelief. She had come to the conclusion that she had to end the relationship now before she becomes the victim of even more hurt. But, a small part of her wanted to stay naive; that maybe Elena wasn't constantly flirting with Damon and he wasn't entertaining her. So, Nadilya was pleasantly surprised to come across Ric and Elena punching a dummy.

"So the pressure of your punch ejects the stakes."

"Easy enough."

Nadilya watched as Elena punched the dummy and the stakes in her contraption didn't eject into the dummy. Nadilya couldn't help but laugh.

"That's weird."

Elena tries again and the stakes still didn't eject.

"Must be jammed or something."

"You're not strong enough."

Ric and Elena turn towards Nadilya as she emerges from the woods.

"Also, you better start lifting some weights and putting some meat on your bones if you ever hope for the stake to eject."

"Thanks for sugar-coating it."

Ric pulls out a weird contraption and motions Elena towards it.

"You know what this is?"

"A vervain grenade. I've used one before."

"Then you know the element of surprise is your only advantage when it comes to a vampire."

Ric then uncorks the grenade and hands it to Elena.

"Surprise."

Elena then proceeds to freak out and throw the grenade. Nadilya laughed again; watching Elena struggle was lifting up her spirits.

"Oh my god! This isn't a joke to me, Ric."

"You think I'm joking? Vampires will take whatever they want; they will hurt whoever they want and they'll do it without remorse. It's their nature."

Nadilya didn't share the same opinion but she didn't want to undermine Ric like that.

"You don't have to use pronouns; you can say Stefan."

"Ok; this is about Stefan."

Ric looked at Nadilya with wide eyes and Elena looked at her in disbelief. Ric couldn't believe that Nadilya had said what was on everyone's minds and Elena couldn't believe that Nadilya had told her the truth bluntly.