N I N E T E E N

"I CAN'T HELP BUT LOVE YOU

"I CAN'T HELP BUT LOVE YOU." - War Of Hearts, Ruelle.

NADILYA ENJOYED TRAIPSING THROUGH THE WOODS WITH KLAUS. 

Something about it always felt familiar to the summer and she had a hell of a good summer (at least, from what she remembers). She watched as Klaus finished turning the last of the camp and he turned to smile at her.

"Can I just say how happy I am that you've joined me on my trip?"

She chuckles as she walks over to the hybrid and cups his face.

"With a face like that, how could I say no?"

Klaus laughed as he leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers. The kiss was passionate as the duo had gotten immensely closer over the course of their trip and before they could continue for any longer, Klaus got a call and he flips his phone around to show her that it's Stefan. He accepts the call and places it on speaker so she can hear.

"Portland is fantastic once you get over all the whiney music and healthy looking people. It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

"Your father's dead."

Klaus looked at Nadilya and she could see all the color drain from his face. Over the course of their trip, Klaus had taken the time to share with her all the nitty-gritty details of Mikael and the horrible impact he had on their family and Nadilya wondered how Mikael and Zeus never met.

"What did you just say to me?"

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father, and not dead. Mikael. Daggered."

Klaus gripped Nadilya's hand and she could feel the tension being lifted off of his shoulders at the news. The man who had tormented Klaus his entire life was daggered and Klaus was free for the first time in a thousand years.

"What do you want me to do with the body?"

"Well, first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened."

Stefan gets into the long explanation that ends with Mikael being daggered and the duo both had the tiniest inkling that maybe, just maybe, something was wrong with this story but decided to go with it.

"I want to see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself."

"Well, he's here. Come by whenever."

"If you're lying to me Stefan, your compulsion will expose you so answer with your life. Is what you're saying the truth?"

"It's true. I saw it with my own eyes."

"I want to talk to Rebekah."

"That's not a problem, she's right here."

The duo gripped their intertwined hands as they heard Stefan walk over to Rebekah and if this was true, Klaus and Nadilya could go back and  enjoy the hybrid's newfound freedom.